X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager actually boosts my morale by taking my side over customer's

I know. Color me surprised.

Today I had my annual review and I was hopeful but I wasn't expecting a good review TBH. In the past, my review have all been about the customers, that they're always right, that I have had complaints against, that I don't smile or I'm mean. Which is untrue IMHO. While I may not be a natural Friendly Freda, or Social Sally, I'm not the most unpleasant or unfriendliest person around.
    Anyway, I pasted a smile on and acted like I was just thrilled, and we went through with it. To my surprise, most of my scores that the managers gave me were high! Then they mentioned about crazy CIA guy, who's back but who I've haven't seen yet (hopefully he stays in his lair) and I thought OH boy, here we go. But then the manager said not to worry and called him a dumb jerk for bullying and picking on me. I was so pleased to hear that he agreed with me. Even if he didn't mean it, he was trying to show that he was on my side in my constant battle with the crazy guy.
    That meant a lot. I know I kind of stink at customer service but I do try my best and being recognized for such touched me. I couldn't remember when, if ever, the manager took my side over an annoying customer's.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.
Working...
X