Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is soda with real sugar that hard to find where all you guys are at? I have no problem finding all kinds of the stuff at supermarkets and convenience stores, I can't enjoy it though since I'm still doing the diet thing.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

there is this delicious cane sugar pop called Boylens at my local convenience store. As a note, I didn't even know that coke w/sugar existed.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        I don't know if you're in the states or not...but THANK YOU for spelling 'theatre' correctly. It's 're' not 'er'. Yeah, I know 'British spelling' and all that...but you will not find one single theatre professional in the US who spells 'theatre' with an 'er' at the end.

What's really crap? American publishers require you to use 'theater' in books/articles/so forth. So annoying.

Sorry for the
        It's all good. I am in the States, and I've always called spelled it "Theatre". I tried spelling it as "Theater" a couple times in e-mails and such when I worked there, but I just couldn't do it.

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post
          there is this delicious cane sugar pop called Boylens at my local convenience store. As a note, I didn't even know that coke w/sugar existed.
          Does Anne work there?
          I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
            Does Anne work there?
            I think she got axed.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              Here in the Philippines ... all of the drinnks are Kosher ... just because they don't use that nasty high-fructose corn syrup. MMMMM .... soooo good.
              My favorites are Royal Tru-Orange and Sarsi. RTO I like in the larger bottles (12oz. as opposed to 8 oz.) but there's nothing like an RTO of any size after a long hot Jeepney ride.

Where I am the supermarkets stock Jarritos (mexican soda) and jones soda regularly. I also see a lot of the coca-cola with cane sugar at little stores around the city. I get my RTO at a little philippine import store. While not a soda, the one drink I truly miss and have a hard time finding at all in the US is Pomelo Tang (sometimes spelled pummelo or pomello).
              Last edited by Brightglaive; 05-07-2008, 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling
              You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                Does Anne work there?
                Quoth Jewels View Post
                I think she got axed.
                But she found a position posing for hauntedheadnc's avatar.

(Anne is the one in all black.)
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Jungle Jim's near Cincinnati, OH usually has the real sugar versions of regular sodas for sale. Probably other importers do as well, if you need a fix.
                  The fix I've been looking for for a long time is Buzz soda. I ran across the stuff in Ecuador a few decades ago, and wish I could have found a stateside importer. Failing that, a bottle of Tropicana would be wonderful trip down memory lane... and before anyone thinks orange juice, the stuff I'm talking about is pink and carbonated.

Comment

Quoth Caffine View Post
                    Me: Welcome to RTS Theaters. How can I help you? (Working the concession stand)
                    SC: Hi. Do you sell popcorn?
                    I've never been to a movie theater (sorry, just my way*) that didn't sell popcorn.

*Now, if we're talking Broadway calibre plays, I'll go with theatre.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      I've never been to a movie theater (sorry, just my way*) that didn't sell popcorn.
                      That's where they make most of their money. They don't really get squat for the tickets; that all goes to the studios.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        Failing that, a bottle of Tropicana would be wonderful trip down memory lane... and before anyone thinks orange juice, the stuff I'm talking about is pink and carbonated.
                        I know what you're talking about. They sell that in most of the grocery stores here in Ohio, Mejier's and Kroger included. I've seen 20oz and 2-liters of it.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Here's one I've told here before:

Girl orders popcorn with "butter" (butter flavored oil).

Me: "Here's your popcorn, enjoy your movie."

Girl takes a bite from the top.

Girl: "Your butter tastes like semen."

/me dumbfounded (and should've got her digits).

Comment

From time-to-time, Costco will sell flats of imported Coke from south of the border. It comes in glass bottles and is made with cane sugar, it tastes much better than the HFCS crap.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              I was once down in Belize for an Audubon Society trip, and got thoroughly addicted to the Coca Cola south of the border (real sugar, not corn syrup). YUM.
                              I can't drink that stuff, it's just too sweet for my tastes.

I love Tampico tropical punch (I know, it's not a soda). I got addicted to it when I lived in El Paso (or "my year of insanity" as I call it).
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Jbball View Post

Girl: "Your butter tastes like semen."

/me dumbfounded (and should've got her digits).
                                I would've.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X