Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tow Files - I'm glad I'm getting a 3 day weekend....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't the dude just back out and try to repark the car he was in?
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
      Although maybe leaving a note (with no fingerprints) that says, "OOPS!! I'm sorry!! Is that a scratch? Maybe you should leave a little more room between your vehicle and mine next time. " on the windshield might be revenge enough.
      I've seen people do that. Most notes usually read "Learn how to park, asshole." Other times, not only a note is left...but people mess with the car as well. As much as this site discourages vandalism...parking like an idiot is just *asking* to get your car damaged. It's just not cool, but you never know how other people are going to react.

Take the guy who decided to park in the aisle last winter, not only blocking it, but boxing in another car. Imagine his surprise, when he returned...to find that someone had not only flattened his tires, but broke a few of the windows as well
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I used to park in a garage where some people would take up two spaces. Those that took up two side by side spaces got a note on their windshield, written with a black marker directly on the glass. Those who took up two spots longways, sometimes had thier car pushed back into their spot. I quit doing that when I got a new, and smaller, car.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't know if it's true, but on a related note, I once heard a story about the residents of an apartment complex getting annoyed by one of the residents who had a car with a twitchy and over-sensitive alarm that would constantly go off.

Apparently, the owner dialed it back when he came out one morning to find several bricks, wrapped in cloth, placed on the hood of his car. Attached was a note

"If this goes off one more time, it won't be WORTH stealing when we get done with it"

- They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            "If this goes off one more time, it won't be WORTH stealing when we get done with it"
            Been there, done that. One of my former neighbors nearly had a car destroyed over the alarm. It wasn't even his car either--it belonged to a friend, who left it behind when they went hunting one day. All damn night, that car's alarm went off. We're talking the whole 9 yards--blasting horns, flashing lights, the siren, etc. multiple times per hour. The cops were called many times, but they wouldn't do anything. What really sucked, is that the friend locked it, but took the keys with him! We couldn't even move the damn car. At about 6am, after many hours of *no* sleep, the entire block basically told my neighbor that if it happened again, we'd break into the car and torch it Didn't happen again after that

What's odd about alarms, is that because so many people have them, when they *do* go off, even when someone's breaking into the car...most people simply ignore them.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              What's odd about alarms, is that because so many people have them, when they *do* go off, even when someone's breaking into the car...most people simply ignore them.
              And most thieves can steal everything out of a car without setting them off, too.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Truth, the only thing they protect is your ego.

Almost any high-end car I tow will have an alarm that goes off, and of the 300+ I've towed in the last 9 months, only 1 time did the owner come to investigate what was going on.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  I've seen people do that. Most notes usually read "Learn how to park, asshole."
                  My favorite thing to do is leave these fake parking tickets on the windshields. They're bright orange, and if you fold it right, when they get in the car all they see is "Parking Violation". The ticket then goes on to say something about being an f***ing asshole and taking up enough space for 11 elephants and a 20 mule team, etc, and have a nice day, asshole! I really need to find those tickets again.
                  "Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop."
                  - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Comment

Working...
                  X