This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

idiots and thieves; we're surrounded and can't get away, because corporate won't let us: "they're 'potential customers,' so be nice to them." right, because every customer has an urge for that five finger discount.
    And if an employee did that would they be so tolerant?

Comment

That's very sad, that we have to be polite and courteous even to potential thieves like this. Before too long, every restaurant, store, gas station, etc, is going to have to have security cameras installed, costing lots of money, because anyone that speaks up gets their job put on the line at the expense of these people. Let's see, not only have they stolen your tip money/part of your income, now they've cost you your job and/or reputation.

Comment

I got a reprimed from the head office because I told off a robber. They said that it was a good chance he could have been a customer, and I lost that sale.

1: He was returning bottles. That was all.
        2: He was asking how busy its been, when does the manager come in, what BANK DO WE USE, When DOES the manager go to the bank.

Now. Is THAT a customer? The first one does get asked alot, the second one sometimes, the other two.... Hell. No.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Customers always ask us where our tip jar is. It's behind us, safely away from the window where anybody's paws can reach in and grab. They leave the money on the counter, we tap it infront of the camera and stick it in the box.

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
            roasted bean or barney's?
            Neither!!!

My chain is only in the midwest atm. It's called Caribou Coffee.

I <3 Bou
            Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              I got a reprimed from the head office because I told off a robber. They said that it was a good chance he could have been a customer, and I lost that sale.

1: He was returning bottles. That was all.
              2: He was asking how busy its been, when does the manager come in, what BANK DO WE USE, When DOES the manager go to the bank.

Now. Is THAT a customer? The first one does get asked alot, the second one sometimes, the other two.... Hell. No.
              Anybody with a shred of common sense would figure out that person is trying to plan a robbery.

Therefore, it's kind of easy for me to see why they'd give you a reprimand, because corporate suits tend to lack common sense. They must have to leave it behind when they take that job up in the home office.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And if an employee did that would they be so tolerant?
                nope; we've 'let' two go due to cash theft in the past year and a half. funny how stealing from employees is treated more harshly than a 'customer' is; we've had multiple 'customer' thefts, but only two employees over four years.

hmm, now where does that problem lie...?
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                  Neither!!!

My chain is only in the midwest atm. It's called Caribou Coffee.

I <3 Bou
                  I know Caribou. They are also in Atlanta. (at least there was one I went to last time I was there). I thought I also saw one in central/north FL.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

At our store we'd take the dollar bills out every time it started to look potentially tempting. We never really had that problem, though we were warned about it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X