This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Jumping SC

Happened to me, and I was a freaking customer myself! Well, a bit of backstory first though since this involves our daughter. She's 20 months old, and her new favorite thing to do in stores is to get *right* down by your feet and help you push the cart along. Its an easy way to keep an eye on her, it makes her happy, and by god it's darn cute. Only problem is of course, she'll keep trying to push it even when you stop. So when we're checking out, we have to snatch her on up or else she'll keep trying to push the cart out of the aisle. (The Walmart people think it's hilarious to watch her pushing the carts around, lol)

Anyways, we're heading to the checkout...it'd been a long 10 minute shopping spree at our local Wally Mart. For a total of THREE items, yeay us. We start to enter one checkout's line, and I stopped for a minute to try and get some stuff out to put on the belt. Now, in between us and the next person in line, there's maybe space for almost another cart, right?

Hubby reaches down to scoop up the daughter, and right as he does, this woman comes FLYING up with a cartload of groceries and stuff. And I mean flying. She was RUNNING. And I also mean cartload - it was stuffed like she was restocking an underground bunker. She almost runs over my kid, who thankfully is quickly grabbed up by my hubby, and then she angles her cart into the space. She gives us this SMUG smile, and then starts to unload her stuff onto the belt.

There were other people who saw this...their jaws just dropped open...and even the cashier in that line was shocked. Did that faze her? Oh of course not.

Thankfully, someone in the other checkout line was nice enough to let us go in front of them. As they said, we did only have three items, and they "felt bad watching that b**** do that to a poor pregnant woman." (I'm 37 weeks, bleh. I look and feel like a blimp.)

I swear, I need a "SC Appreciation Bat" for times like this.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Bloody good thing I wasn't there. Your munchkin would have learned some new words that she ought not to know right now! Bad enough that she cut, but to almost run over a little one? Gah! (And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't particularly like kids! Which I suspect has something to do with being very soft-hearted.)
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Oh......I'd have called this *itch out on that one.

or

what Pagan said.
      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

I know it's against CS.com's policy to condone violence, but I just can't help but get this mental image of that Lousy *Many words censored* Entitlement Whore getting Curbstomped.

Many to you, Seraph, and a to your DH for making sure your munchkin wasn't hurt.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Bloody good thing I wasn't there. Your munchkin would have learned some new words that she ought not to know right now! Bad enough that she cut, but to almost run over a little one? Gah! (And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't particularly like kids! Which I suspect has something to do with being very soft-hearted.)
          Bwahaha I suspect if you met my kid...you'd like her. While she is a terror at times....she has this up her sleeve:
          http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...n/100_5859.jpg

Oh, and my hubby beat ya to some of the choice words. He waited until we got out into the car but wowww I haven't heard him talk like that since his video card melted!

Comment

Holy crap! I don't think I would've been able to keep my mouth shut...especially with the smug look on her face. OOOO...that makes my blood boil just reading it.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I would've told hubby to cover munchkin's ears, and let fly at that woman. Not just for line jumping, but what if your hubby hadn't picked up the little one in time???? That bitch needs a lesson, and I'm the one to teach it to her!!! *bristle*

Dammit, now I'm all broody after looking at your gorgeous little girl's picture.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"Excuse me, ma'am. You seem to be in my way."
                *Takes whore's products off belt and dumps them into her cart*
                "There we go, much better. Oh, and if I hear one word come out of your bitch mouth, I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot."

I'm not going to wait in the parking lot regardless, though. Waste of my time. But hopefully she'll learn her lesson.
                If she doesn't, she may piss off someone who will wait for her. And do unpleasant things.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  She gives us this SMUG smile, and then starts to unload her stuff onto the belt.

I know as well this site does not condone violence, but it really makes me have to ask: Did you feel like smacking that smug smile off her face? That's just total disrespect, let alone a lack of courtesy, not even paying any mind to a child she nearly ran over. It makes me wonder what she does in her car! Does she nearly run over someone to beat that other car to the closest parking space?

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Aye que cute!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yeah, I'm not for violence here. But, I'd definitely speak up and move her items back into her cart, put my three items on the belt, and gone through.

Bullies like the bitch don't know how to take that. If she wanted a yelling match, I wouldn't have given her one. I just would've said "You know what you did, I know what you did, everyone around here knows what you did. You need to shut up now and get in line line a civilized human being."
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                        I know as well this site does not condone violence, but it really makes me have to ask: Did you feel like smacking that smug smile off her face?
                        Heck. Yes.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Aye que cute!
                        Awww thanks! =D

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          (I'm 37 weeks, bleh. I look and feel like a blimp.)
                          First, here's hoping someone does that to that rude lady when she's pregnant, and much sympathy for the man who has the guts to even consider to let her spawn.

Next, baby bellies are awesome, and I can't tell you how amazing women look when they're at that point, it's like the mini-miracle you are about to bring into the world reflects on you these last few weeks. Also, SUPER GOOD LUCK to you, hope you feel okay, and please tell us when the next mini-Seraph comes.
                          "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

This happened to me at one of those club store's who's name is also a sexual activity.

Fortunately my sister, who has no volume control was with me. We made several loud and rude comments about line cutters, and how much fun it would be to to do evil (and painful) things when we got out to the parking lot. Their faces were priceless as they stood in line being obliquely threatened. Oddly enough, they took FOREVER to get out of the store... we had time to check out, leave, load the car and were just pulling out of the lot by the time the morons were leaving the place. Evidently they were very interested in the coupon section AFTER they had made their purchases. lol

Comment

Next, baby bellies are awesome, and I can't tell you how amazing women look when they're at that point
                              Really? At that point, most pregnant women I see look TIRED. Really tired. They seem to be thinking "let's just cut me open and get this over with!"

I think women smile when the baby is born not because of the baby ... but, because it's OUT! Yes, oh yes, oh joy, oh relief! That parasitic demon will kick my bladder NO MORE!

BTW, good luck! I hope the labor is measured in minutes and not hours ... and your new baby comes out healthy and happy.
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                              X