X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellular troubles, and the replies we don't give

Trouble reported:

Customer is having trouble with missing audio in calls, words are dropping out. Happens on both handsets, speaking to both landline and cellular phones. Customer wants an answer as to what the problem is.

Trouble not reported:

Customer is using a speakerphone on both phones, most likely with the windows down and country music blaring.

Answer not given:

The speakerphone has a noise cancelling feature designed to reduce interferring noise from the conversation. It is identifying you as noise. Technician concurs with the technology. No trouble found. Unfortunately, signal to noise ratio is not perfect, so some of your conversation is still getting through.

Intellegent technology - don't ya love it.
    What goes thru the mind of a speakerphone: "your idle chattler is boring, I greatly prefer to listen to the blaring county music in the background"
    What goes thru the mind of a auto focus camera: "who wants a picture of a pretty bird when the branch behind it is so facinating?!"

Comment

I'm not paticularly fond of country music but I agree with the speaker phone on this.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

When I worked at <large mobile phone company>, people used to complain SO much about dropped calls. Now, I can understand it if it's happening all the time. But I literally had one woman who brought in her year-old phone, set it on the counter in front of me, and said, "This phone just dropped a call. I would like to cancel my service and I expect a full refund of this phone AND the 12 months of service."

We confirmed with her that it had been her ONLY dropped call in ONE YEAR! So we politely explained that since there is no wire attached to the phone, calls may occasionally drop. She of course wasn't happy, but we certainly were not going to refund every dime she had spent with us over that year!

Comment

I hardly ever use a speakerphone due to others out there with this kind of trouble. When the person at the other end uses one, I have a hard time hearing them, so I don't bother with mine either.

On the other hand, I have also dealt with people who listen to a blaring TV or radio and then complain that they cannot be heard. Common sense just went out the window.

Comment

Working...
          X