This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would I know? I only work here.

SC bought the "Super Wash" option on our automated car wash.

5 minutes later:

SC: You gave me the wrong wash! I wanted the super wash!
    Me: (having a good memory, at least when it comes to what happened 5 minutes ago) No, I sold you the superwash.
    SC: No you didn't! (hands me piece of paper with wash code printed on it)
    Me: Yes it says there "Super Wash", right above "Discount -$1" (you get a dollar off if you spend $20 or more on fuel)
    SC: Super wash is meant to have soap! The soap didn't work.
    Me: No, Super Wash is a double pass with water. Express Wash is single pass with just water.
    SC: No it's meant to have soap! I wanted soap!
    Me: Well you should have asked for this option (points to sign, and reads) "Wash with soap".
    SC: But that says soap! I want wax!
    Me: Then you should have asked for wash with wax.
    SC: But that doesn't have soap!
    Me: (thinks ah, this idiot didn't bother asking and just assumed that "Super Wash" was the same as "Wash with Soap and Wax") Wash with soap and wax is an extra $2.
    SC: OK I'll be back... (disappears)

He came back with the credit card that he'd used to pay for the fuel. I should have charged him full price for a wash with soap and wax, but opted for only the extra $2 instead (just to get rid of him quicker).

The card was rejected, and he threw a $5 note onto the counter. I gave him the wash code and $3 change and he buggered off.

To be honest I'd be a little perplexed too if my carwash didn't spew soap at me.
    But then again I'm sure my actions would perplex others more, since I don't own a car and some chick just walking through a car wash would probably be an odd sight.

Comment

Not only is he too stupid to read, he had a credit card that doesn't have 2 bucks on it. Sounds like a real winner.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

rerant: ... but i'm sure it'd make the attendant's day if he's single.. ?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          To be honest I'd be a little perplexed too if my carwash didn't spew soap at me.
          The existence of "with soap" implies that the other options don't include it. Most of our customers (i.e. everyone except the SC I wrote about above) figure that out by themselves, just by looking at the price list.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think he was trying to scam his way to the soap and wax wash for the price of the super wash.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            rerant: ... but i'm sure it'd make the attendant's day if he's single.. ?
            that's what I was thinking at first, but those things spray pretty hard, injuries would ensue, which would be funny if it wasn't for the paperwork

Comment

Your car wash does a wash without soap? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Comment

I'm sure it's spelled out somewhere prominently on a sign exactly what you get with each wash too. But I suppose it would have been too much like actual work for the SC to actually read the sign.
                "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                  Not only is he too stupid to read, he had a credit card that doesn't have 2 bucks on it. Sounds like a real winner.
                  Actually, that happens to me every time I get gas at a certain station. When the station validates the card to pre-pay gas, it takes up WHATEVER IS LEFT on the card, leaving me unable to use my card again for 24 hours. Suffice to say, I don't get my gas there anymore.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Don't you know that employee's are always the least knowledgable people in any business?

Just ask the SC who knew that you had to ask the "right" employee in order to purchase christmas ornaments in May. Her friend told her it was true, so any employee who told her differently clearly didn't know what they were talking about.

Quoth Apathy View Post
                    Some cards reject if they are charged too quickly in rapid sucession by the same business.

I had a stupid card that would reject if I used it twice in a period of twenty minutes, even if it was two different stores. It didn't have anything to do with the card balance, it was just a stupid glitch in the card issuers processing system.
                    Last edited by LifeCarnie; 05-15-2008, 03:15 PM.
                    Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

This is why before I make a purchase like this, I always read everything it tells me, including what the "Super wash" gives me. Any gas station I have visited will tell me this, if it has soap, hot wax, hot coffee, whatever. SC's are morons and always get mad at someone else instead of themselves for not reading.

Comment

what's super about that wash... As a matter of fact, what's a wash about it? Wash implies soap.... Otherwise it should be called "Super Rinse" o_O

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                          Actually fairly common, thought why it would be referred to as 'super' I don't know
                          ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                            what's super about that wash... As a matter of fact, what's a wash about it? Wash implies soap.... Otherwise it should be called "Super Rinse" o_O

So true...So true
                            You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                              Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                              Same. Maybe it's a UK/Aus. thing?
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X