This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which you speak up

Same patron, two different occurences. I thought they were interesting enough to share.

First, she attempts to whisper to me for help... from halfway across my lab. Yeah. And she was pretty annoyed with me too when I tell her I cannot understand her. There is one other person there, and he is listening to his iPod. If you REALLY are opposed to speaking above the approximate volume of a dehumidifier, might I suggest you simply stand up and walk over to my desk? If your little legs snap unexpectedly from the sudden weight of your torso, I promise to pay the medical bills.

A little later, I am doing a round through the lab when she stops me.

Her: What time does the lab close tonight?
    Me: ten o'clock.
    Her: Oh, that's fine.

Oh, I am glad you approve. I was really worried about our choice is closing time. Now knowing, I shall sleep well tonight.
    ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

gawd i hate that. people seem to love talking to me when i'm right next to fans... and then they get pissed when i can't understand what they're saying.

usually they then snap at me to "clean my ears out" or "get your hearing checked" as if it's my fault that the fan is closer to my ears than their voices.

idiots!

Comment

Working...
    X