X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets argue with Darrien day

1. Your client using antiquated software does not make it my problem

The client is wanting the user to send them a file on their specifications in word but in word 7 which is the word for Windows 95. This must be done tonight ironically enough, the solution was to save the file as Word 6 and it bloated the file to 60mb due to pictures on the file. This lady somehow thought I was an idiot cause I did not have the ability to convert 2003 Word file to Word 7. Sorry I can't get blood from a stone. I told her use the ftp server or your sol.

2. What part of Office 2007 is not supported do you not understand?

User is trying to setup Outlook 2007 to connect to the Exchange server, all BAH employees are using Outlook 2003. After being advised we do not support 2003. No less than 5 times he interrupts my attempts to get his profile on his Outlook 2003 computer setup to go back and try and get his laptop with Office 2007 working. He kept going on and on about Office 2007.

3. What part of that website is not supported do you NOT understand?!

Let me state only the really annoying part of her conversation.

Me: That internal website is not supported by the Help Desk
    User: But I can access it I can't just not access "insert feature"
    Me: The email address I provided is the only point of contact for that website if you have ANY issues.
    User: But I can acces it, I just can't get access to "said feature"
    Add nauseam for atleast 10 minutes

I really really want to strangle this woman.
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

You need an over-stuffed giant rabbit to abuse.

Or a hoodoo-voodoo doll.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Misery loves company. Strawberry Ice cream with lots of Chocolates Syrup when we get home. -_-'

I'll have a spoon waiting for ya.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Are you two having a bad day?

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Are you two having a bad day?
          I dunno about Darrien but I am. I hate customers.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Not really just annoying users.

Addition for 3:

She wants to insall the software to connect to the work VPN, we have to get winzip cause she lacks it to install it. Come to find out she has Vista, the software will not install ont and we do not support that OS.
            Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

You hate customers. Nah.....really?! Comes with the territory, be happy you're not in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                Not really just annoying users.

Addition for 3:

She wants to insall the software to connect to the work VPN, we have to get winzip cause she lacks it to install it. Come to find out she has Vista, the software will not install ont and we do not support that OS.

Comment

Working...
                X