Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josiah was on the verge of losing it when Sam's statement clicked. "Wild animal? Maybe you'd best show me... the body."

Comment

Sam gestures him closer to the body, and the smell is almost overpowering.

Sam steps outside to speak with another officer, and Josiah can barely hear them, but soon he sees the angry gesturing back to the house in general, then the outer wall around this house, she then points a finger right under the officers nose and he hears her threatening his job over something, before she storms out of the yard towards the car, yanking something out of her pocket.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Uh-oh, he thought, just over the ill in his own throat, and hurried over.
        "What is going on over here?!" Before Sam can open her mouth, Josiah points at the officer. "YOU first, and it had BETTER not be in cop-speak!!"

Comment

Sam places a hand on Josiah's upper arm firm enough to get his attention, "This officer was trying to convince me that we aren't who we say we are....and tha.."

The officer cuts in, "I was just saying its awfully suspicious that a bunch of FBI people come into MY town disrupt MY town, throwing words around like serial killer! This will KILL our tourist trade. She wants to me put out a curfew and keep everyone under watch....listen, we just don't have the man power!"
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Josiah looks at the officer. "Let me get this straight, Officer Brody, you're basically telling me "I don't think you appreciate the gut reaction people have to these things... It's all psychological. ... yell 'Barracuda,' everybody says 'Huh? What?' ... yell 'Shark,' we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July." Is that it, Officer? Are you really that stupid?! You don't tell your sleepy little town, and more people are gonna die because you did nothing. The town of Amity pulled the same stunt two years back, and eight more people died. On the other hand, you do as we ask, and the Press is gonna be all over it. You'll have more tourists who want to come for the morbid thrill of being in the same town for vacation. And that, Officer Brody, is something your town might just want."

Josiah paused, pointing out Noah to Sam. "Officer, I understand you are overworked and undermanned; I understand you have other business to which you need attend, but enact the curfew anyhow and enforce it along the beach. I'm certain that is not beyond your manpower."

Comment

Noah no more steps in the door to the bar then the whole room goes quiet. Dozens of eyes look at him. "You are not welcome here hunter." The speaker almost spits out the word.

Ah crud. Was Noahs only thought before chairs were pushed back, and the whole room was soon closing in on him.

Really? A whole full blown nest in the first place I look? And they know what I am? Noah you idjit.

There is the splintering of wood and a loud crash as Noah goes flying out the window, thrown by one of the Vampires. He lands on the hood of a car, his chest hurt as he is gasping for air. He didn't have any time to recover as the group of vamps followed him quickly. One leaped on him, picked him up and threw him again. Another decided to play 'hangman' by sticking out his arm so Noah's neck hit it. Noah flips over a couple of times. By now he is spitting up blood. Well ol boy, you got yourself into a mess there is no way you are getting out of. If your lucky they will just kill you..

As one picked him up for another round of improvised baseball, two fell with their heads missing. Noah blinked..he didn't do that..he was in no shape to do that.. a couple more fell in quick succession. He was too busy trying not to cough up a lung to worry about who was saving his sorry hide. A calm voice says "Check him for bites."

Somebody pulls him up, looks him over. "He's clean."

"You just walk into a nest? Just as plain as day? Who in the heck taught you to hunt?" Asked the first voice... "You know what, never mind. Next time we won't be around to save your hide." He heard two car doors slam, and was able to look up long enough to see the back of a black vehicle speeding away. In the wind the song "Carry on my wayward son." could be heard.

Noah just lay there for a bit, surrounded by vamp bodies..they had left him to bury the bodies. Well Noah guess it was the least he could do. He burnt most of them, not taking any chance, and buried the rest..slowly. Then he limped back to the town he had come from..
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

As he lays there, he hears his phone ring, the call from Sam coming in.

Comment

"Yeah? Noah here. What you got?"
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"dead body...looks like a wild animal might of gotten to him...mind taking a peek at it?"

Comment

"I am on my way." When Noah arrives at the scene, he finds Sam and the body. Not much phases him, but the condition of the body is beyond mangled. "Well now.. don't know what could have done this much damage."

He makes sure Sam is the only one in hearing range. "If a hell hound and a couple of werewolves attacked at the same time, they might do this much damage..but they never work together..so I am stumped."

Comment

Meanwhile, Josiah glares at Officer Brody, who seems to be considering the public's morbid interest in the macabre.

"Well, Officer? Do you think you might be able to take a hit in order to make more money, or do you continue to do nothing and put even more of your populace in danger? Up to you."

Comment

When Officer Brody had edged away, Josiah walked up to Sam. "I got a possible that involves a thief that followed Marco Polo from the Orient in the 13th century, but I find it less believable than Artie claiming to be Clint Eastwood."

Comment

"Something like this? Something so savage is probably something that goes bump in the night. I am leaning more and more toward a fae creature called a goblin. Vicious and nasty creatures."

Comment

Josiah looked at Noah, "Well, considering I got what I've got on Bing, the worst and most limited search engine on the planet, I give it the same probability of accuracy as a human being able to count the sand of the seashore."

Comment

Noah considered for a moment. "You might be on to something. I mean..what if the other robberies were a red herring. You know, to do this robbery, killing the person, make us think that it was just a person being at the wrong place at the wrong time?"

Comment

Working...
                                X