This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trucker got mad and caused damage

One audit shift at the small hotel I work at a trucker arrived in the middle of the night for a room and presented me with his boss's credit card.

Now, as most are aware (due to other posts here) us hotel workers are not allowed to take someone else's card without faxed authorization. We need the person who owns the card to send us a standard form giving permission. This is so people can't steal (or find) cards and use them. Don't laugh - this has happened.

Boy I tell ya this dude went off on me. He yells that he has been allowed to do this everywhere else and who was I to question this.

When it became evident I was not gonna check him in he left and while driving off he sideswipes one of our flagpoles bending it slightly.

What a doof.

Please tell me y'all were able to get some kind of identifying info on him/his truck to report to his boss...and possibly even to the cops (for vandalism)...? Any luck?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

No kidding. Plate numbers, logo on the truck....
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Never mind the vandalism - that's hit-and-run/leaving the scene of an accident. Since those are TRAFFIC offenses, they're more likely to get the guy fired and keep him from getting another driving job.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X