X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky 4 hour shift on Saturday

I worked this Saturday for a parade.

My job was to collect the parking fee from the people attending the parade and give them a ticket.

I was assigned to a parking garage managed by my employer. Another co-worker was also assigned to the same parking garage.

This particular parking garage as well as the other parking garages and one parking lot located in the area where I work are owned by a property management company. My employer has a contract with the property management company to manage the parking garages.

Several parking garages and the one parking lot were used for parking for the parade on Saturday.

Regarding the parking fee any event… the property management company determines the parking fee since they own the parking garages and the parking lot that are used for event parking.

The property management company decided to charge $20 for the parking fee.

Apparently one of the businesses located in the building next to the parking garage that I and one of my co-workers were assigned to on Saturday decided to use that garage for parking for people participating in a 10k race and a 5k walk/run. That business sponsored the race, walk/run.

The problem?

The people participating in the race or in the walk/run were given flyers from the business sponsoring the race, walk/run stating that the parking fee for this particular garage was $10.

My employer can only go by what the property management company tells them.

So cue the many complaints regarding the $20 parking fee.

The MOD for my employer had to deal with the complaints from these participants. He told the people complaining that the property management company owns the parking garages as well as the parking lot and that they determine the parking fee. From what I heard, this happened at all of the parking lots used for parking for the parade as well as the parking lot.

According to the MOD the property management company will not allow any MOD to change the parking fee in a situation like this.

When I got home from work yesterday, I looked up on the internet information about this particular race, walk/run. I found a link to the company’s website regarding the race, walk/run. No – where on the company’s website did it state that the parking fee for the race, walk/run was $10 at any of the parking garages located in the area of parking garages owned by the property management company nor the parking lot.

What one of my co-workers told me

One of my co-workers who worked this past Saturday told me that she ran into the same problem.

So she asked the people who had the flyers stating that the parking fee was supposed to be $10 exactly where they got them, she was told this...

from the Internet

Where on the Internet we do not know

If there is a link to these flyers, what the date is on the link

Or if this is even true

Found out that this company has a facebook page for the race, walk/run

Wonder if this is what the participants meant.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-02-2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Oh dear. What a mess.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Found out what happened

Found out what happened regarding the flyer that stated that the parking fee would be $10 at the garage I was assigned to that day.

Apparently the company that sponsored the race, walk/run asked the property management company what the parking fee would be for the parade as well as the race, walk/run, but when they asked the property management company, they were told that they had not made a decision on how much the parking fee would be.

So instead of waiting to hear back from the property management company regarding the parking fee, the company instead chose to inform the participants that the parking fee would be $10 without getting a confirmation from the property management company.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
          Found out what happened regarding the flyer that stated that the parking fee would be $10 at the garage I was assigned to that day.

Apparently the company that sponsored the race, walk/run asked the property management company what the parking fee would be for the parade as well as the race, walk/run, but when they asked the property management company, they were told that they had not made a decision on how much the parking fee would be.

So instead of waiting to hear back from the property management company regarding the parking fee, the company instead chose to inform the participants that the parking fee would be $10 without getting a confirmation from the property management company.
          nice how they pick a number out of thin air

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
            nice how they pick a number out of thin air
            From what I was told this was the first time that the company sponsoring the race, walk/run had anyone park in the parking garage I was assigned to that day or any parking garage or lot that is owned by the property management company.

Apparently last year the race, walk/run was held in the same area, but the participants parked elsewhere that time. So I am wondering if the parking fee for the lots and/or garages that the participants parked at was $10, and the company sponsoring the race, walk/run was hoping, assuming that the parking fee would be the same this year.

So if the participants did complain to the property management company, they would have been told the company sponsoring the race, walk/run was the one that was responsible for the problem.

They should have waited to receive confirmation regarding the parking fee before notifying the participants.
            Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-14-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I guess the race organizers proved that when you pull numbers out of your ass, the result is shit.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X