Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trifecta of SCs in 30 minutes or less!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    "can you tell me how much this is? That price thingy is sooooo confusing!"
    People tell me things are confusing all the time. Generally it's no big thing, people aren't familiar with fabric. I mean, I bought fabric as a teenager before I had a job and I was never confused, but whatever. I'm used to a certain amount of confusion.

It does start to get to me when I've explained something several times and the person still doesn't get it. If I need to say "the fabric is $4 per yard, and you got two yards, that makes your total $8" more than three or four times that just... sad.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Why settle for enough when too too much is available?
      What is it with dirty minds today? First Karl stefanovic can't stop laughing when his cohost asks a guest "did you swallow" on the today show (Aussie one) and now this.

Then again...
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
        Finally, she gives in, turns to me and says .... dead serious ..... "I'm not good with math thinking".
        Fixed that for you. Yikes, if this one was any dumber, she'd have to be watered twice a week.

Seriously, how difficult is it to read the posted price tags and figure out that when the tag says, "Crest Toothpaste 10 oz $2.95", that means the ten ounce tube of Crest costs $2.95?! And then to not comprehend that asking for $20 cash back means that you get that $20 tacked onto your total? Proof that the crack does not smoke itself.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          People tell me things are confusing all the time. Generally it's no big thing, people aren't familiar with fabric. I mean, I bought fabric as a teenager before I had a job and I was never confused, but whatever. I'm used to a certain amount of confusion.

It does start to get to me when I've explained something several times and the person still doesn't get it. If I need to say "the fabric is $4 per yard, and you got two yards, that makes your total $8" more than three or four times that just... sad.
          While working in a fabric store, I assisted a teen who (grudgingly) had to make something for Home Ec.

After asking a couple questions about how to read the pattern, what the various words meant, etc., she finally brings a bolt to the counter. Sighs. Again asks how to read 'view 1, view 2'.

"How much fabric for this one," she asks, pointing to one picture.
          "2 3/4 yards," I say.
          "And how much for that one?"
          "2 3/8 yards"

"Which one is less?"

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            turns to me and says .... dead serious ..... "I'm like not good with like math and such as".
            I've been looking at memes too much...
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
            X