Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She sounds like the sort who blows everything out of proportion, probably just so she can hear her own voice and lay the smackdown on some poor defenseless employee. People truly suck.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
      just so she can hear her own voice
      Why is it that the people who love to hear their own voice, are so often the ones whose voices nobody ELSE wants to hear...?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Either the tower/phone conversation was interrupted, or the idiot had "Auto Daylight Savings Time" unchecked in the settings. Neither is a good enough excuse for that kind of behavior. He's just pissed because his friend at the "event" saw through his excuse and called bullshit on him.

My hubby's phone didn't do the forward leap like it should have. Guess what? Since he had a migraine, I took it and went into settings, found out that both the "network time" and "daylight savings time" had been turned off. No, that didn't quite fix it, but the restart did though.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

SC called to complain that the phone didn't update, at which point it connected to the network and said, "Oh! The time changed since the last time my idiot user made a call! I should update myself." And it did. What's so hard to understand about that?

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          SC: That SHOULDN'T be necessary! This phone is supposed to do all of that for me. It's not my fault your technology sucks.
          And this is where you need to channel Louis CK: "I hate my phone. It sucks." No it doesn't. It's amazing. The crappiest cellphone in the world is a miracle. Your life sucks around the phone. Why are you so mad at it?
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

If you're lost you can look and you will find me
            Time after time
            If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting
            Time after time

((Sorry, couldn't resist))

People always ask why I leave an hour before I should for any appointments I have. Even though I use multiple alarms/warnings.. it is so that regardless what happens short of an accident, 20 car pileup, etc.. I will never be late. Oh I forgot, sucktomers (sucky customers) time is way too valuable for that.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

We don't do daylight savings in the Northern Territory but South Australia does. Most of the phone companies manage the NT network from SA. Last month someone accidentially turned on daylight savings for one of the phone networks on a week night. Next morning people where getting up an hour earlier and arriving at events an hour. Quite a few people got a laugh out of it and the problem was fixed in a few hours. OP's SC would have rang up to complain about being 45 minutes early in this case.

Comment

I am very lucky in that most of my clocks update themselves automatically, AND that I don't work Sundays. So it's all cake for me.

Five timepieces. Cell, cable box, and iPad all update themselves automatically with the time change. My alarm clock and truck clock are the only two I have to update, and the first is really easy, and the second is relatively easy. (I did it while I was stopped at a red light that Sunday.)

My laptop, which has my sixth timepiece, is a bit screwier, but my laptop in general is screwier. Another way to say my laptop sucks, and I look forward to the day I can replace it. Good thing I do most of my stuff on my trusty iPad.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

A few years ago, I made a list that I could printout and check each time. 17 timepieces, of which seven need no attention for DST. (But I included them on the list with a notation so I wouldn't wonder later on whether those had been forgotten or deliberately omitted.)

Comment

I got a new alarm clock a few months ago and the clock actually updates itself! We only found out because my DH updates the clocks and he didn't know how to update mine; by the time I got upstairs, he was asleep, so I figured it could wait until morning, only to discover it was updated without any effort on our part. Now the joke will be if we can actually remember this in 6 months....

Comment

Working...
                    X