Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I found some of my fav Dresden lines...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found some of my fav Dresden lines...

Grave Peril Wiki

and a link to some of the lines from various novels: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/dresden-files

My fav so far is the first one on the list:

Quoth Dresden
    "Holy shit," I breathed. "Hellhounds."
    "Harry," Michael said sternly. "You know I hate it when you swear."
    "You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds."

I laughed so loud my BF woke up and wondered what was so funny. Although I had to tell him the line again later cos he was still half asleep the first time.

I don't remember which book it was in, but one of my favorites was when Harry got punched in the face and had a mouthful of blood. Don't know it word-for-word, but to paraphrase, "I could either spit or swallow. I swallowed. No jokes, please."

Although my absolute favorite was from a short story of his, "A Restoration of Faith":
    "You never get across the drawbridge without facing the troll."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have several favorite quotes from Dresden Files.

Quoth Small Favor
      “I want you,” I said, “to get me a doughnut. A real, genuine, Chicago doughnut. Not some glamoured doughnut. An actual one. Freshly made.”
      The Gruff’s teeth began to show as he smiled again.
      He bowed his head to me. “Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?”
      “Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles ‘pon it instead,” I said solemnly, “and frosting of white.”
      “It could take some time to locate such a pastry,” the Gruff said seriously.
      I bowed my head to him. “I trust in the honor of Summer’s champions that it will arrive in good time.”
      Quoth Dead Beat
      Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and polka will never die!
      Quoth Summer Knight
      The noise was deafening, and no one could have heard me anyway as I let out my own battle cry, which I figured was worth a shot. What the hell. "I don't believe in faeries!"
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Small Favor
        “I want you,” I said, “to get me a doughnut. A real, genuine, Chicago doughnut. Not some glamoured doughnut. An actual one. Freshly made.”
        The Gruff’s teeth began to show as he smiled again.
        He bowed his head to me. “Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?”
        “Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles ‘pon it instead,” I said solemnly, “and frosting of white.”
        “It could take some time to locate such a pastry,” the Gruff said seriously.
        I bowed my head to him. “I trust in the honor of Summer’s champions that it will arrive in good time.”
        Yea I'm liking this one. I really need to read these books.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Harry: Oh, Jesus. Son of a bitch.
          Michael: He didn't mean it, Lord.

Lara: Empty Night. You are Harry Dresden.
          Harry: Don't feel bad. I cleverly concealed my identity as Harry the Production Assistant.

(after a discussion on necromancy)
          Butters: "Jesus!"
          Harry: "No, I don't think they were responsible for that one."

(after Harry had to pretend to be gay to avoid being arrested)
          Murph: You're going syrupy on me, Dresden.
          Harry: If it rains, I'll melt.
          Murph: It's to be expected. What with how you're gay and all now.
          Harry: I'm wh... Oh. Thomas's apartment. Hell's bells, you cops have a fast grapevine.
          Murph: Yeah. Rawlins heard it at the coffee machine and he just had to call me up and tell me all about you and your boyfriend getting into a fight. He asked me if I should get you the sound track to Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera for Christmas this year. Varetti and Farrel got a deal on track lighting from Malone's brother-in-law.
          Harry: Don't you people have lives? ..... What are you getting me?
          Murph: Stallings and I found an autographed picture of Julie Newmar on eBay.
          Harry: You guys are never going to let go of this one, are you?
          Murph: We're cops. Of course not.

And I can go on
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

i just finished Grave Peril... i'm out of Dresden
            the new one looks delicious though but it's in hardcover and i am cheap

Comment

Working...
            X