This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
    They do not require a doctor's note for every call out but if they feel you are abusing it then they will ask for one.
    My job is the same way, although I think you have to provide one if you're out sick three days in a row. That makes sense to me, because if you're sick three days in a row, you probably should see a doctor. But at least they don't expect you to see a doctor for every little cold, or in my case, migraines. I didn't get them when I started there, I started getting them in my late 20s. If I'm lucky, I might get one per month. If I'm not lucky, I might get one or two per week.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Where I work we are allotted 40 paid sick hours per calendar year, restarting each January 1st. If we go over that we don't get paid for those hours out sick, and at one point as long as we weren't going overboard with calling out we did not get into much trouble. Now it would appear that if we go over a total of 52 sick hours (which includes those 40 paid sick hours) we are risking a write up. So, for somebody like me who needs time off for mental illness and cannot schedule when I am going to have a bad day it can get really frustrating. And I've been written up twice last year for my attendance...got really sick in the beginning of 2014 with a nasty flu and then damn near had a mental breakdown in the last third of 2014 which lead to a lot of call outs on my part. And this is despite being told by management and HR that they would prefer I call out when I am having a bad day than to show up at work and nearly get fired. Such is life :/

Comment

I am recovering from a nasty virus right now that made me very ill yesterday and the day before. However, I am on holiday and altho it is annoying to be sick on holiday, in some ways it's great cuz I don't get all that bother about phoning in sick. I don't want to go to the doctor as despite what some deluded idiots think, it's not that easy getting an appointment straight away. I'd probably only get an appointment next week and by then, I'd be totally better.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X