This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyde, it's Jekyll...!

Had a really weird experience at work today...some woman was getting to the end of her order unloading her groceries onto the belt, and when I asked her, in my patented, pleasantly neutral "Can I help you, lady?" voice, if she was done and could push the empty carriage down to me, she suddenly exploded in a litany of foul curses about being "hasseled" and how she wasn't a "slave"(?), and I was just kind of agog. But then, she apologized, and didn't make another rude comment for the remainder of the transaction, despite being one of those customers who have to have a third of their order taken off because they don't have enough money. Even though she did apologize and was pleasant enough for the rest of the order, it put me in a foul mood that I was being sworn and shouted at just for doing my job, and I was on eggshells for the rest of my shift (thankfully, the incident happened with barely a half-hour before I left). Schitzophrenia, much...?

I'll bet she has whiney kids or an idiot boss. She could have just been stressing mentally because she didn't have enough paycheck to get through the week. Don't let it get to you, at least she was nice enough to apologize and was pleasant through the rest of the transaction.

Comment

<I have to confess amusement. In my graduating class at the private school I attended we had a Frankenstein, a Jaekel and a Hyde>

<And the parent of Frankenstein was actually a doctor>
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Katie Kaboom: The Later Years
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It sounds like she was having a really rough day. I feel like snapping a lot, but I usually inwardly seethe. I'm a bottler though so it comes naturally to me. If she didn't apologise for it then I'd say she was just a nasty piece of work, but usually good people under stress feel really bad and usually do apologise. Happened a few times to me in my 10 years in retail.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Katie Kaboom: The Later Years
            "I am NOT overREACTI..... *BOOM*"
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              Schitzophrenia, much...?
              Entirely possible, Jack.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Schitzophrenia, much...?
                Jekyll/Hyde isn't schizophrenia so much as it's multiple-personality disorder.

The two are NOT the same thing.

(This has been your lesson in amateur psychology for today!)
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It's possible, too, that this woman hadn't taken her meds that day.......saying this because that's a bit how my daughter acts when she doesn't/forgets take her anti-depressant pills.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                    It's possible, too, that this woman hadn't taken her meds that day
                    or the wrong kind-my cocaine-using ex-GF was known to have similar swings
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Even though she did apologize and was pleasant enough for the rest of the order, it put me in a foul mood that I was being sworn and shouted at just for doing my job, and I was on eggshells for the rest of my shift
                      She obviously passed her demon on to you. This stuff can be contagious. I recommend keeping your mental heath defenses up with periodic doses of chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                        She obviously passed her demon on to you. This stuff can be contagious.
                        I think I saw a movie with that plot once...
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X