This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I was raised the same way. Yes, I was a little shit at times, but my grandpa said if I wanted to do that I could at least be a decent and respectful little shit

Many times I've wished we could get away with enforcing a rule at the grocery store: if you pick up a perishable item, you must buy it. The only exception is if you really do not have enough money (but if you're smart enough to bitch about prices you're smart enough to know how much you have to spend when you walk in/keep track), but YOU must return it to its place and the cashier (or someone else who is available immediately and knows exactly where everything goes) will ensure that you do so.
    This is a problem everywhere and it's not just the SC's who leave crap all over the place where it doesn't belong, it's co-irkers just tossing frozen, dairy, deli and meat and produce items in the back room in the boxes of my relcaim float (nevermind the signage around the damn thing and on the back door BESIDE the cart stating NO PERISHABLES are to be left in reclaim) or on top of my cart (which means I spend several minutes moving crap off it and cleaning the damn thing before I can go out on the sales floor in the morning.)

And if I hear management tell me to go to Rochelle about it one more time - I'll scream and toss THEM into the damn dumpster and shut the lid. Those casheirs don't listen, no matter how many times I go to Rochelle, or her assistants who work in the office - it's the same crap.

Just last Tuesday I had to stop checking in a delivery b/c a newbie girl came back there with a dozen eggs and thought she could leave them back there. FUCK NO!!!!! I had to turn her around and STEER this girl (who looked like she was just out of high school) in the direction of the Dairy Cooler to put those eggs where they belong!

Just drives me INSANE
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Wow. Yesterday, someone in the Mart of Wal had the gall to open a Kinder Surprise Egg, eat half the chocolate and put the other half back along with the wrapper! I told an associate about it, though I wonder if they also took the toy inside.

Earlier that same day in that same store, I spent a few minutes trying to put back a jalapeno cheese ball that I found in the wrong freezer display (at least it was in a freezer display). I flagged down another associate for help. She asked me how long it has been out; I told her 'about a few minutes' and I also told her where I found it. Apparently, they're not supposed to put back perishable items like this if they have been out for a long time, and I understand that. She did put it back, after I told her that I didn't want it. I think the ball was still cold enough, so I hope she doesn't get into trouble for it.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

At the supermarket back when I worked on checkout, some subhuman had the nerve to grab a four pint bottle of milk off the shelf, guzzle down about a pint, then put it back on the shelf. Yeah, cuz a pint of milk costs sooooo much!
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
          Unreal. And I'm sure if you straightened up those shelves (a Sisyphean task), you'd find all sorts of "hidden" merchandise where people stash desirable items in the hopes of picking them up after the next round of liquidation discounts.
          Too bad that, from the pictures, it appears the store deals mainly in clothing, so it would be hard to spot what was mess and what was hidden waiting for the next round of discounts. If there was general merchandise as well, it would be fun to replace the hidden items with known-defective stuff (e.g. returned before the bankruptcy was announced) of the same model. "Sharp" customer comes back during the next round of discounts and grabs (what they think is) the toaster they stashed, gets it home, and finds it's defective. Oops! Sorry, but the store is in liquidation - all sales are final.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One night in November ASM found a package of sushi (luckily it was a california roll) stashed behind the dog food. Date on the label was September. Part of me was tempted to open the pack and take a picture, but I swear something inside tried to get at my finger so I didn't even try.

I used to have signage on the returns cart as well as the baskets under all the registers that said NO PERISHABLES, but apparently I need to add a definition as well. "If it's COLD when given to you, get someone to run it back IMMEDIATELY" doesn't seem to work...ironically, the 'challenged' baggers are better at this than some of the cashiers (one will actually intercept the item before the cashier can chuck it underneath, and he also knows where all the perishables live).

Produce isn't too bad, but a few times I've found meat and seafood in the baskets...that can be enough to turn all the contents into damages if said package happens to be leaking (either from a bad seal or something else thrown on top of it).
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-15-2015, 03:09 PM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth MustangErin View Post
              Even the other day a co-worker watched as a customer picked up a dress from the hanging rack, looked at it, the dropped it on the floor.
              I watched some lady do that in a discount clothing store a while back. She had several clothing items in her cart from all over the store. She was walking toward the registers, stopped, rummaged through the contents of her cart, and just dropped four or five items on the floor. As she started to walk away, (I was in a really grouchy mood at the time), I pointed out that she dropped them. She told me she didn't want them. I said, "Then put them back where you found them! Don't leave them for someone else to clean up." She flipped me off and walked away.

Yeah, people can be jerks, all right. There's plenty of nice, responsible people out there (probably outnumbering the jerks), but they're overshadowed.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Those pictures remind me of when Monkey Wards started it's "Closing" sales and I went in with Dad to turn in the repair center's till. A tornado would have been kinder to the store than the customers. I'd never seen a bigger massing of psycho hose beasts in my entire life. I'm just very glad I didn't have to go to the restroom at that time.

I think respecting other people's stuff is about as rare as common sense now. I think people are surprised when I check my toddler's hands before he touches something breakable. And I do miss the zarking buggies Wally World used to have. My oldest learned not to touch without my ever having to correct him with those.
                Last edited by raudf; 03-16-2015, 09:04 PM. Reason: Tenses are important when you're talking over 10 years ago!
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It saddens me to see that Australia is becoming like this. You can tell when you are in a store and the sales person there flinches when they tell you something they think will be unpopular.

For instance:

Recently I had to get a bank cheque to refund money to someone who did not do bank transfers or EFTPOS. It wasn't important who they were, but they were in the last century needing a bank cheque. Now the bank charges are a bone of contention in this country (I suppose they are anywhere) but I had to have this bank cheque. I had no choice. I knew it was going to be expensive.

The teller said "Bank cheques are $10" and recoiled from the counter - obviously expecting a spew of hate from me. Now I happen to know that even if I thought that was an excess charge, that teller is not able to do anything about it. As well, she has no ability to talk to anyone who can do anything about it.

So if I spew hate at her, I'm not going to change anything, except I'm going to make myself feel bad and possibly spoil her day for no reason.

So I said to her "A bargain! Let's do it!" and the look of amazement and gratitude on her face was worth $10 to me. So was the cheque.

Think about doing something like this for someone when you are in a similar situation. It will make both of you happy.

Comment

Oh that's typical, and i can name one thing worse, counting it. Yep, when i worked for RGIS back in the 90s we had to inventory a few stores that were closing, and they always looked like this.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X