X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimizing conflict with co-workers

My, my... what do you think?
    Some of the terminal jerks on here that we've read about ... I'm not sure these would make a dent in them, but, there they are.
    What d'y'all think? I think it'd work for most, and has worked in most of the few cases that I've had conflict (ifI was able to do anything).
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

to be honest it seemed pretty much like "stop acting like you're in grade school"

which is kinda sad... i mean the fact that people have to be taught how to act like they're over the age of 5.

Comment

I have a beef with that article. The boss sets the tone for the workplace. If the boss has integrity, honesty, fairness and respect for others, he or she can guide others in the workplace along those same lines. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

If the boss is lazy, stupid, mean, sexist/racist/etc., disprespectful of others, plays favorites and so on, that attitude will infect everyone and the place will be hell to work in.

Also, bosses need to tend to small problems when they are first reported. A boss who hates conflict and refuses to actually manage is useless and might as well quit, because their "don't bother me" attitude will ensure that sucky behavior becomes the norm in that workplace.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X