Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars fans. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that one saying I heard here, that people who have lots of money don't spend it intelligently?

At least they're not replacing Darth Vader's voice or Darth Maul's voice with that of Richard Simmons' voice.

Comment

Harumph. Vader's turning scene was the Crowning moment of Awesome for RotJ, possibly the entire series.

George Lucas, you may have been a visionary talent that defined a generation of sci-fi, but now you're bantha fodder!
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        Why must Lucas fuck with this scene?
        It's George Lucas, that's why. As Talon said: "Bantha poo-doo"
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

you know actually I don't mind it all that much, it would be better if it was just the one NO but really compared to other changes I don't think it's a big deal.

I do have to ask is a there a version of star wars on dvd doesn't have any changes at all?
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
            you know actually I don't mind it all that much, it would be better if it was just the one NO but really compared to other changes I don't think it's a big deal.

I do have to ask is a there a version of star wars on dvd doesn't have any changes at all?
            there was at one time. You might be able to still find it at Amazon or something. From what I understand it was a pretty crap transfer though.

Comment

Seeing this makes me so glad I have the original trilogy on VHS and the ability to convert it to DVD.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Here here! When next I visit my family up north, I'm raiding the attic for that original VHS copy of Empires I saw last time. No special edition, no nonsense, etc.

(Granted, I personally can't find anything wrong with blinking Jawa eyes in theory; I mean, unblinking eyes on a desert planet? Ow...)
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Seeing this makes me so glad I have the original trilogy on VHS and the ability to convert it to DVD.
                  Me too. Mine are still in great condition. I really need to convert to them to DVD before that changes.

Comment

the cable channel Spike was showing a Star Wars Marathon today and I specifically watched the scene between Han and Greedo in the cantina. YES it was the new cut with Greedo shooting the wall.

now I will have to dig out my old copies of the original (I thinkI have the original VHS copy of A New Hope somewhere) DVDs and watch them again. I know that on RotJ the recut scene with the "new" Anakin in there at the end.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

With the exception of putting Hayden Christiansen at the end of ROTJ (since that makes sense), I am no fan of all the changes that were already made.

I'm sorry, but it looks stupid. Mixing technology from the late 70s and early 80s with technology from nearly 30 years later, it's just not right. It looks so funky when you watch the marathons on Spike, and you see the computer animated Jabba and Yoda, amongst the old school puppets and what they had when they originally made the movies.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ironic that George Lucas once addressed congress on the subject of films & literature being changed after release and tried to get them to legislate against it, and now he's the biggest offender.
                        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

My preferred site for nerdy news, Topless Robot, covered the problem with the past DVD release of the original versions pretty well:
                          Yes, I know they were released on DVD, and let me explain why those don't count -- because they weren't anamorphic widescreen, which means two things: 1) the video quality wasn't up to the basic quality standards of 99% of DVDs released since the year 2000, and 2) they weren't formatted for widescreen TVs, so, say, if you had a 60-inch TV and put on one of those DVDs, the movie would actually only be 45-or-so-inches long. This would be acceptable for maybe something like Roger Corman's horrible Star Ward rip-off Starcrash, but not three of the most popular, highest-grossing movies of all time. It's worth noting that Starcrash has had a DVD release, and it was in anamorphic widescreen. When we complain, we complain that we can't get the Star Wars we saw and loved and sustained for 20 years with the same amount of quality as fucking Starcrash.
                          It makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X