This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING - sensitive content. DON'T TRAIN HOP

CONTENT WARNING - girl *SEVERELY* injured while train-hopping. Photos may also affect sensitive viewers.

Sensitive bits have been put into white text for those who don't want to see them. (really it's pretty sad and disturbing)

Don't try to jump onto moving trains

[sensitive]

Four Colorado college students (aged 17 to 20) tried jumping onto a moving train, apparently for a free ride back to school.

One of them paid SEVERELY for this. She fell and slipped under the train and her legs were severed at the knees. According to the article the hospital had to amputate BOTH legs.

Of the 4 jumpers the first made it and is "suspected missing". The second also fell and apparently was dragged but only had minor injuries. The fourth pulled the girl's body off of the tracks (that's the man with blood on his pants in the picture - the other one is the second jumper).

She's just lucky she's alive... there was an EMT & a nurse there who made sure she didn't bleed out and die.

[/sensitive]

Seriously. don't do it. It's not worth the cost.

Edit: fixed link. still icky though
    Last edited by PepperElf; 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM.

Oh.Em.Gee!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm just waiting to see the PFB complaint from a passenger about the delay it caused.

There's one there NOW but it's for a different train accident.

Comment

I don't have to look to know... I've read stories about it before... poor kid.
        *looked anyway... yeah, she was lucky. *
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I admit, I'm cynical. 'Poor Kid', sure. 'Dumbass' seems to fit just as well.

Comment

Working...
          X