This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cat/kitten?

so after nearly a month of no kittie in the house, I've decided I cannot live without one again. He kept me from staying in bed all day when my personal downward spiral got out of control, he cuddled with me through the tears of a long road to recovery from said downward spiral.

I've decieded I'm not going in looking for a specific cat or even a kitten. My baby that went missing I've known since he was 3 days old and had contact with him nearly every day until old enough to come home for good.

I think the animals that the humans are owned by that I've been visiting know that I'm missing my baby, since they all seem to be warming up to me....even those that their humans said don't like humans much (besides their own of course.)

I'll post pictures once I find one....but just wanted to let this out.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I want a kitty but can't afford the extra rent and stuff. Maybe I'll get one of those Fur Real ones.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had one of those things, mom 'made' me get rid of it because it was TBH a bit creepy (I finally got annoyed at everything setting it off). It went to a good home though.

I want a kitty so bad, but management is deciding to enforce the no-pet clause in the lease* (I haven't seen any fuzzies in the other units, there used to be a beautiful ragdoll kitty living in the other corner apartment).

* We can't even pay extra, it's just none at all. Which I think is stupid since their other properties allow pets...rats or fish might go under the radar.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I live in a NO Pets! complex too - not even goldfish/reptiles (not that I want those) - and I want a kitten (i want one of Lupo's kittens!)

what pisses me off is that one of my neighbors had a rabbit all winter - how do I know this you ask? Well because its cage sat outside on the patio all winter long, usually with a towel or some other blanket over it when the temp. dropped or winds got high - and yes I am aware that we had a really mild winter - still, keeping an illicit pet outside where all and sundry can see it and potentially report you is not wise (and no I didn't report them, though I probably should've)
        I don't know if they still have bunny or not, BUT tuesday night, I heard a puppy barking - again I don't know if it was just visiting, or if they're trying to get away with something

I don't want them to have to get rid of their animal, or to have to move what I want is to be able to have my own pet!
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

The lady that works at the laundromat we do our clothes at has a little black and white kitten she's trying to find a home for.

The discussion had turned to children and I made my usual comment of "I'm sticking with cats," and so she asked if we wanted a kitten.

It's hard to say no when we've both been kind of wanting another kitty, our queen is getting on in years, and there's a good likelihood that our youngling will be without a playmate sometime in the not-too-distant future when my brother finally manages to get himself in a position where he can come get his cat.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X