X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta stop going on vacations

Soo....

we have hotel reservations for two nights in Gardiner Montana....

it is too late to cancel them without eating the entire cost of the room....

the road to get there may require snow tires, which our rental vehicle does not have...

and they're forecasting one to two feet of snow for the area starting sometime tomorrow.

I need to stop leaving my home for vacation. I bring the bad weather.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Holy crap. You really do have bad luck with vacations.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*Checks current date*

*Checks date of OP*

wat

Comment

I'm in Jackson, WY now.

Tomorrow is our first night in Gardiner. Or would have been; we cancelled those two nights without penalty, AFAIK.

We switched our reservations to West Yellowstone Montana. Snow is still forecast there but no more than one to three inches each day.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wait ... what ... SNOW?? At this time of year???

Sounds like a place I'd love to live.

Seriously, I hope things go well for you, and Mother Nature holds off on any nasty surprises until you get back home.

Comment

Yuck. We didn't have any (well, not much) in the winter! Snow in May? Ewww....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This may be too late for now, but for the record - if you have a rental car and think you might need tire chains, or live where you never need them and take a once in a lifetime trip where you might, there are a lot of places you can buy them, then return them if you don't use them. Some even advertise this, so it isn't like you're taking advantage of them.
              There are times when mountain areas might require that chains be carried, you can be ticketed or even stopped and turned back if you dont have them, so this covers you for that, and they're there and ready. If you need them, then it's well worth the cost, and if you don't use them, you aren't out anything, but were covered if they were required to be carried.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

It's been known to snow in JUNE in the state Irv and I live in.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  It's been known to snow in JUNE in the state Irv and I live in.
                  I just gave in this evening and turned my heat back on for the night - and I don't live in the mountains, LOL.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

you know Irv, you are now being punished for lovin the NO snow winter we had here in Cheeseheadland
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Well yeah...it's in the mountains. We're having *Big Relay Race* this weekend, and two of the legs are skiing/snowboarding. So I don't find it weird at all.

We always go up the local mountain in July to go sledding. It's stopped snowing fresh snow by then, but the snow that's already fallen is still there.

Last year, it was still snowing in June, and they didn't even bother to open the highway all the way up to the top of the mountain for the summer because of too much snow. Which made me sad.

Hopefully you won't find any surprise penalties on your CC when you get back.

Have fun on your vacay!
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about the constant rain/drizzle/crap that we've been getting the last two weeks...

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                          Well yeah...it's in the mountains. We're having *Big Relay Race* this weekend, and two of the legs are skiing/snowboarding. So I don't find it weird at all.
                          That is why I only ever participate in the Beer Garden leg - no snow.
                          I did once get asked to participate in the sailing leg (back when they had that) - if I promised to sit still and not touch anything (there was a manditory crew number that they need to fill).

Enjoy West Yellowstone, from what I remember it was great!

Comment

I was watching the snow on the Old Faithful webcam. found here. Be careful in the snow and remember not to trust anyone driving around you.

Comment

Working...
                            X