• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this and thought of our favorite tow truck driver:

http://themetapicture.com/tow-truck-humor/

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Nothing lasts forever, except that green stain on the rug in the foyer, I have no idea what it is or why it's resisted all attempts to chemically remove.
      The corpse of an alien life form that was sent to feed off the intelligence of your "customers"?

See where that gets ya, and, spoiler, don't call me for bail money.
      But you'd get to laugh at them AGAIN!
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

When I was working at the hospital, I was in a clinic that had two spaces for the couriers. They were there so the couriers wouldn't block patients needing to enter or exit the clinic. If any vehicle parked there for more than 15 minutes, they were getting towed.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Just like how on the old episodes of "COPS", everything illicit in the world seems to be owned by someone's "Friend". Without exception.
          And not just on "COPS," put pretty much in every day life. I'm sure many cops can tell you many stories with various regurgitated versions of "It's not mine."

My first experience with the phenomenon came in the summer of 1982. My father had just died that spring, my mother had just returned to the work force for the first time in over two decades, as she tried to figure out how to provide for herself and her three children, and she had also just given up smoking, after having done so for about 30 years. Needless to say, she didn't need any more stress.

Enter my older sister, who is to stress what a key is to a car. She had just started work as a junior counselor at a summer camp, when one day, they found some pot in her purse. Naturally, they called my mother. For my mother's mental state, please see the above paragraph, and remember, in the best of times, my mother is a bit of a nervous woman to begin with.

When faced with being bused for pot, my brilliant 14 year old sister fell back on the time-honored bullshit story of "It's not mine. I was holding it for a friend." The camp didn't believe her, and she was relieved of her position. (I.e., fired.) My mother didn't believe her, and sis was relieved of her freedom. (I.e., grounded.) I was a little 10 year old moron, who barely knew what pot even WAS, and even *I* knew her story was a great big pile of steaming bullshit.

You would think people would learn. But then, that would be giving people far too much credit for intelligence. History has shown us the folly of THAT idea!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

My favorite excuse was the woman on COPS who said the dope in her purse wasn't hers.
            "Is this your purse?"
            "Yeah."
            "But it's not your dope."
            "My friend borrowed my purse."
            Yeah, right...

Oh, no, wait, my favorite was the guy who said he'd just bought the pants he was wearing at a thrift shop and someone must have left drugs in the pocket...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              My favorite excuse was the woman on COPS who said the dope in her purse wasn't hers.
              "Is this your purse?"
              "Yeah."
              "But it's not your dope."
              "My friend borrowed my purse."
              Yeah, right...

Oh, no, wait, my favorite was the guy who said he'd just bought the pants he was wearing at a thrift shop and someone must have left drugs in the pocket...
              I don't understand why people think the "I was holding it for a friend" line will actually work. It never does. Because it isn't true.

Some friend. And notice the "friend" is never around.

If you're the officer, don't you say, "Ok, well, what's your friend's name, and where are they right now?"
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

And if you give the name of a druggie friend and they actually get busted over this, your ass isn't getting any more weed.

You might also get your legs broken.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  And if you give the name of a druggie friend and they actually get busted over this, your ass isn't getting any more weed.

You might also get your legs broken.
                  And you're still getting the possession charge.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                    And you're still getting the possession charge.
                    If you say "I was holding it for a friend", then you are admitting the charge. After all if you are holding it, then you are in possession of it. That's why most of them say "Someone else must have left it in my pocket."

They still get the possession charge as the cops found it on them.

Comment

Gotta wonder if any of them think they are "smart" and say they are holding it as collateral for the 20$ they lent their friend.

Comment

Arga, we're still waiting for another Tow Files. If the idiots have gone into hiding lately, maybe a "greatest hits" or something?
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Moving day approacheth at the borough college. There should be plenty of tales coming from that .
                          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                          And it's not what I wanted to be
                          The weight on me
                          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                            Moving day approacheth at the borough college. There should be plenty of tales coming from that .
                            Not to mention September is right around the corner as well.

Labor Day Weekend usually gives Arga and his brethren plenty to share later . . .
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Maybe his coworkers could livestream his exploits. Like on Twitch or something.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                                Maybe his coworkers could livestream his exploits. Like on Twitch or something.
                                If they could upload it onto YouTube, I can watch it in 32 inches of blazing color - one of the advantages of having a PS3 console connected to your tv.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X