This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course I am not satisfied!

When I worked for the Internet Department of one of the largest Telecommunications companies in Australia, we would have to ask people at the end of the call, if they were satisfied with the way that we handled their call...

This one sticks in my mind... The promotion she received, meant she would get a rebate of $200 on her modem (the full cost being $299), so she would only have to pay $99 for the modem. Anyway, she called, claiming that she was told the modem would be for free, and therefore she wanted the $99 rebated.

I explained the details of the promotion, and that when she ran the installation disk there would have been terms and conditions she had to accept before she could continue installing it on her computer, and advised she was not entitled to a free modem and would not rebate her for this. There were also notes in her account stating she had been advised that the modem cost was $99, after a $200 rebate.

At the end of the call, when I asked if she was satisfied with the way I had handled her call - her brilliant reply:

"No, because you will not give me the rebate I am not entitled to"

And yes - these were her exact words!!!

Wow. She sounds like a jackass.

Comment

And let me guess, it was YOUR fault she wasn't satisfied! Of course, if you'd given her the modem for free you'd be fired.

Talk about a no-win situation...

Comment

That's why I'm glad our management decided to stop using similar verbiage awhile ago. It's just too easy a way to draw attacks from SCs.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
        X