This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, you are sooooo important

We're doing a big carpet job. We move the stuff out at night, then come in at 7:00 am in the morning to put it all back. Considering that these people have start times of 8:00 - 9:00, it's not a problem to have things back before they even show up. But whenever we do something like this, you've always got the ones who have to show how important they are by staying late, and then coming in early to show off how they work so hard.

Exhibit A comes from one clown who must have showed up at around 6:00 am because he moved his stuff back himself. On top of being just plain dumb, this is strictly against the rules because if he had hurt himself doing so, it would have been a bad situation. But what can we do, we weren't late, we weren't there to stop him, and the coordinator doesn't give a shit, so whatever, thanks for doing our work for us dumbass. The only problem was that he moved a bunch of stuff to get at his, so I had to go looking for it. The thing that really makes me laugh is that he made the bellowing announcement that he moved his stuff himself so that he could get back to work, then promptly took off for a half hour coffee break, then returned to chat about sports, weather, and politics for the remainder of the time that we were there. Oh yeah, your work is so important that you've got to come in early to get a jump on it, but that was so hard that you've earned a two hour break from these ever important duties.

Exhibit B is another early riser. We have to leave aisles clear so people can get in and out, on top of it just being common sense. Well she's got to have that file out of her cabinet by 6:00 am, so she pulls it into the aisle, completely blocking it, and carries on with her duties. Once we arrive, she tackles me and tells me that she must have here cabinet back right away because she has something important to handle. Once again, this strenuous task earned her a 15 minute coffee break. During that time, I figured out that she was the one who had pulled this cabinet out and blocked the aisle, so geez, how unfortunate was it that this turned out to be that last piece of furniture that I could find and get back in place. Oh, and this ever so important task, when I tackled her to let her know that I had finally found and placed her cabinet, oh, she's in an important conversation about the cottage, so she'll get to it when she can.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Pity you can't mention all this in passing to their supervisors...

Comment

That wouldn't do much good considering that their supervisors are part of the chat sessions
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
      X