This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fantasticchelsea View Post
    So, after bringing two other people in on his project, because there was a LOT more to it than just the bulb. He needed an entire rig for this project and had no clue or specifications before he walked into the store, but we managed to get it all figured out for him.
    Customers that don't do their research are a real pain.
    Last edited by EricKei; 06-17-2015, 08:07 PM. Reason: We just read it. No need to quote the whole thing.
    It's called common sense for a reason

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      I hate when SCs do this! I spend all kinds of time helping them, and they make a point to tell me that there's "never anyone available to help" or "no one knows where anything is" or whatever.
      And then they get pissy because they can't find a man/woman to help them, because only a man/woman would know what they're talking about.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Researching what was needed for a bird should have been the first step, not the last. And he should have either gone to a pet store or a co-op that deals with farms. Or *gasp* even researched it all online first.

Given how little research he did, I'm going to assume that someone passed him an infertile chicken egg and he just thinks it's a raptor egg. I'm going to hope with all my might that's all he has, because no living creature (not even a flea) deserves to deal with that level of ignorance and stupidity.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Ni! Ni! Ni!
          Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
            Don't make me say the word.

On topic, yeah, I don't see anyone, not even on Craigslist, handing over a fertile falcon egg to someone who isn't prepared/trained to care for it.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Don't make me say the word.

On topic, yeah, I don't see anyone, not even on Craigslist, handing over a fertile falcon egg to someone who isn't prepared/trained to care for it.
              It was given to by a mate at the pub or came off the back of a truck.

Comment

As far as I can tell, this could be one of a couple of things.

1, If he is in the store all the time buying random stuff - he could just be lonely and this is his way of finding people to talk to because he is bored being on his own all the time

2, He really is a weirdo who has no idea at all what a Hawk's egg looks like and is going to try and hatch a hard boiled chicken egg

Comment

Quoth scorpionf View Post
                  2, He really is a weirdo who has no idea at all what a Hawk's egg looks like and is going to try and hatch a hard boiled chicken egg
                  I hope he doesn't do that. Those hard boiled chickens are real tough characters.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hawk's egg? Chicken egg? I'd say it'll probably hatch into a Loud Mouthed Schnook.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I hope he doesn't do that. Those hard boiled chickens are real tough characters.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Hawk's egg? Chicken egg? I'd say it'll probably hatch into a Loud Mouthed Schnook.
                      I say, now, I say, what are you doin', son? You're doin' it all wrong!
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

You will, I say, you will be assimilated. Look at me while I'm assimilatin' you son... Foghorn Leghorn of Borg.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Son, you're as sharp as a sack full of wet mice, I say son, pay attention when I'm talking to you.

Comment

*I* think The Falconer hit all the branches on his way down from his nest-robbing expedition. A tip to the Gubmint seems very much in order.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball...
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I'm actually beginning the process of becoming a Falconer. I should be starting my apprenticeship sometime this year.

More often than not, Falconers trap juvenile raptors (birds of prey) and then raise them and teach them to hunt and typically release them back into the wild. Some will keep one bird to stay by them and hunt with for their lifetime though.

...they don't really get the eggs and incubate them...
                                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X