This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So?

BG - This happen last night. I was working as a cashier. I'm female and the SC I'm checking out is male.

Me: (scanning SC items) Hi, did you find everything you needed?
    SC: Nope.
    Me: Oh, I'm sorry sir. Is it anything I can help you find?
    SC: Yeah (but doesn't go on to tell me what he needs).
    Me: So, what were you looking for sir?
    SC: Ya number cause ya lookin' gooood. (that's how he said it!)
    Me: ..... I'm sorry, what?
    SC: I want ya phone number ya know?
    Me: I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend.
    SC: So?

This went back and forth with SC not understanding why I wouldn't give a total stranger my personal number and what the big deal was if I had a boyfriend already. After he finally paid and had his bags I just started scanning and talking to the next customer in line and ignored him so he would take a hint. He stood there just looking at me for about a minute then finally left without saying anything more. I told my shift manager later and he said if the guy came back in and started that again to let him know and he'll take care of it. He never showed back up that night.

Ick. I hate guys like that.

A plain and simple, forceful 'no' is the only answer an obliviot like that deserves. If it won't get you in trouble with the boss types, don't answer any other comments or questions, don't let him lead you into any kind of back and forth because he'll turn it back to being obnoxious. He has no right to an explanation, no right to clarification. No is no and you won't change your mind by him being a persistent ass so there's no point engaging him.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I've always wanted to ask those guys "Would you REALLY want to go on a date with a girl you pestered and badgered into accepting only because she felt sorry about how desperate you appeared to be? is that REALLY what you want?" And see what their response is.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
        I've always wanted to ask those guys "Would you REALLY want to go on a date with a girl you pestered and badgered into accepting only because she felt sorry about how desperate you appeared to be? is that REALLY what you want?" And see what their response is.
        "Heck ya, man! If I get a pity date, den dere's a chance fer pity sex!"

Comment

So next time just give him a wrong number. Perhaps the Rejection Hotline Number.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Damn, but I wish we had one of these in the UK!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Should have given him this number-----> 867-5309. & tell him to ask for "Jenny"....LOL!

Comment

Greek_jester, click other numbers, it's next to last number.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Should have given him this number-----> 867-5309. & tell him to ask for "Jenny"....LOL!
                  Exactly, that classic
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

LOL! Thanks for the advice everyone!

I told my bf what happen and he laughed and said I should be flattered. Really?! So I told him fine, if the asshole comes back then I'll give him my number. BF stopped laughing :P

Comment

Just a bit of information YES the number is still active in a LOT of markets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/867-5309/Jenny

One really funny/stupid side note from the article
                      A study on the security of numerical passwords in 2012 revealed that 8675309 is the fourth most common 7-digit password, speculating that it is easy to remember because of the popularity of this song, despite being otherwise fairly random (as opposed to the #1 most common 7-digit password: 1234567).
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Must remember to mention not to use "8675309" as a password in the upcoming training I'm holding. *makes notes*

Comment

Quoth Agent Paperclip View Post
                          This went back and forth with SC not understanding why I wouldn't give a total stranger my personal number and what the big deal was if I had a boyfriend already.
                          Quoth Agent Paperclip View Post
                          I told my bf what happen and he laughed and said I should be flattered. Really?! So I told him fine, if the asshole comes back then I'll give him my number. BF stopped laughing :P
                          "I'm supposed to be flattered because some skeezoid is demanding my personal information and refuses to take 'no' for an answer?" Yeah, real flattering there, being treated like your safety, autonomy and humanity don't matter at all. I wish guys would understand that.
                          Last edited by XCashier; 06-12-2015, 01:59 PM.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                          X