Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven’t taken my paperwork to the counter but the Consulate won’t accept it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven’t taken my paperwork to the counter but the Consulate won’t accept it...

I am not sure whether this belongs in Sucky Customers or Morons in Management, as this is a little of both. This was when I was working for a travel company (Tour Operator) a few years ago.

SC calls as they have booked a tour in Russia. As all tourists required an invitation letter to be able to get their visa, we would provide this for them, using a company in the UK. After dozens of tours over the years and hundreds of customers getting their visa without any issues, this bright spark calls.

Keep in mind, I did not raise my voice, and I kept calm. In no way did I antagonise the SC or the Lunatic manager... Unless stating the obvious counts. Also, it was my second last day in this cess pit.

Me: Good morning, ABC Travel
    SC: Hi, I am at the Russian Consulate and they will not accept the invitation letter
    Me: Did they say why they will not accept the letter?
    SC: I haven’t given it to the staff
    Me: If you have not given them all the papers, how do you know they will not accept it?
    SC: The issuing address is in the UK, not in Russia, so they will not accept this letter
    Me: We have been running tours in Russia for 3 years and have always used this company, and none of our customers has ever been denied the visa, you just need to take the letter to counter
    SC: I already told you they will not accept it
    Me: All you need to do is give the letter to the staff, and the visa will be issued.
    SC: *Yells* THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS LETTER YOUR COMPANY GAVE ME! *whispers* and now the lady is looking at me funny because I am on the phone
    Me: I assure you, that there will not be any issues with the letter, hundreds of our customers have had their visas issued with the same letter, and not one of them has been rejected.

And next to my desk appears the Reservations manager - Lisa the Looney (LL)

LL: *hisses* put him on hold
    Me: I’m sorry, I just need to put you on hold for a minute and won’t be long
    LL: Don’t you argue with the customer, and if you are going to talk to our customers like that then I will sit next to you all day for the next 2 days to make sure you behave yourself.
    Me: How am I being mean, all I did was state the obvious and tell him to take the paperwork to the staff at the consulate
    LL: I will take this phone call, and I will listen to your next one to make sure you are doing your job properly.

Anyway, Lisa the Loony took the call, introduced herself as the manager, whilst myself and the 2 other staff listened to her have the exact same conversation with the SC that I did!

Quoth scorpionf View Post
    LL: Don’t you argue with the customer, and if you are going to talk to our customers like that then I will sit next to you all day for the next 2 days to make sure you behave yourself.
    So... the alternative to "arguing with the customer" would go something like this?

"That's correct, they will not accept your letter. Have a nice day!"

Comment

Did Loony get any further than you did with that sucktomer? And how exactly were you mean?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Did Loony get any further than you did with that sucktomer? And how exactly were you mean?
        Lisa, as the OP stated, is a Looney. Her perception of events was slanted or biased somehow in ways that are not fathomable to ordinary humans.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Understandable why you were about to leave.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

"And what should I have told him, Lisa?"

"Well...you know...that the consulate will accept the letter, of course!"

"And that's exactly what I did. You heard me. Any other brilliant advice, you stroppy cow?"

* I've always wanted to call someone a stroppy cow (and not get fired for it).
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X