Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see a person not having the ability to walk into the store, even with the aid of a cart or whatever. Mobility equipment is expensive. It also takes up a lot of room. Before I bought my van I had to carefully plan out trips when I had my youngest child with me because his chair took up pretty much the entire trunk of my old car. When the car died, I was thankful that I'm able to do a lot of mechanical work, because there's no way I would have been able to afford a van if I was stuck with newer models (I felt comfortable buying a well-maintained 2005). I'd still be playing the "what can we buy on this trip" dance if I had been unable to afford a van, which gives me enough space for the chair. I can see somebody either not having the money to buy their own equipment, or not having an appropriate vehicle to transport it, or even not having a person who's able to lift it out of the car if they can transport it, but didn't have enough money to install lifts in their car.

On another topic, I don't have any disabilities, but I've been having some health problems lately, and getting stuff inside once I got home was a problem I've never had to deal with before. I solved this by making the nearly 6 foot tall (almost) 14 year old boy with the basic build of a linebacker do it.
    Last edited by mathnerd; 06-21-2015, 09:03 PM. Reason: Didn't finish my thoughts.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
    X