Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good God! Talk about a serious attitude problem! I bet if she pisses off the wrong person, she'll be fired or knocked down several pegs (or even both). As for the allergy thing, unless she has anaphylactic reactions to peanuts and/or peanut butter, she should just chill the fuck out to be honest. My youngest sister's allergic reaction to peanuts is getting red in the face and GI issues if she eats them (same goes with peanut butter) and she's been that way since she was 4 years old!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

There is the chance that, since high school, Miss Thang has chilled out and actually learned how to act like a reasonable, rational adult. Of course, since I don't know her or how long it has been since the two of you were in high school, I have no idea if that is feasible. For your sake, I am hoping it is, and the changes have occurred.

If they have not, from all you have described about your job, I doubt someone like Miss Thang would last very long before being shitcanned for being, well, a shit can. It has been my experience that, for the most part, cool management doesn't put up with bullshit employees.

However, if for whatever reason Miss Thang is still a walking compost heap AND she manages to avoid getting fired, try to focus on the positives of your job, and not let her crap get to you. Even at my best jobs and best situations, there has often been one or two people that made me want to beat them over the head with an empty bottle of Patron until they either shut the fuck up or went the hell away. I didn't, of course, but I thought about it. And overall, the positives of those good jobs outweighed the crap I had to deal with from my own Miss (or Mister) Thangs.

As for your examples of her past behavior.....

Driving school: Shut the fuck up, Miss Thang. It's called driving school, which means the INSTRUCTOR is there to INSTRUCT you, and YOU are there to LEARN. Which means, you fucking halfwit, YOU do what HE says, NOT the other way around.

The boyfriend's picture: Don't ask questions if there's a chance you might not be happy with the answers. My best friend will ask me, rather than her husband, if something makes her look fat, because she knows that *I* will give her an honest answer, not being married to her and all. (Her husband is a great guy, but as a husband, that is just not a line you can usually cross. And she knows that.)

The allergy: Please. Seriously, bitch, just please. My friend Miss Goth is HIGHLY allergic to (deep breath): seafood, nuts, coconuts, dairy, mushrooms, eggs, and probably several other things I have forgotten. She carries an epi-pen with her, because she knows that she may accidentally ingest any number of those items. Does she sit there and scold people for eating them? No. Why not? Because unlike Miss Thang, she is not a self-centered idiotic clueless swamp stain, and she has a brain that tells her, rationally, that for her to have an allergic reaction from someone else eating something she's allergic to would be anywhere from nearly impossible to completely impossible. And Miss Thang wasn't even reacting to someone eating something and then kissing her (I could kinda see that), or cooking something near her (I could almost, but not quite, see that). She was reacting to a guy eating something in the same room as her. No fumes, no trading of saliva, no exchanging of bodily fluids.

Overreaction? Try overKILL of a reaction.

Miss Thang, you selfish halfwit, fuck off.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
        She said "Well, whatever. I don't know why I even bothered asking you". I tried taking to her less so maybe she would leave me alone. Instead, she insisted I had an attitude problem and I should fix that if I want to keep my friends.
        Why do I get the feeling that she was hoping you'd say something she could react to with this one?
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          I remember someone in an adult upgrading course screeching loudly that her friend was allergic to chocolate and rushing a plate of chocolate cookies out of the room before said friend could (presumably) keel over. I noticed that the friend who actually had the alleged allergy said nothing on her own behalf ... and the b**** part of me wondered if the shrieker also made a habit of running through the halls grabbing people's hot chocolates so her friend could safely traverse the college's hallways.
          Chocolate allergies suck. Speaking as one of the wretched...

I'm allergic to a lot of things, but if there's something that I'm allergic to, I'll do the, y'know, RESPONSIBLE thing and let people know beforehand so I can either eat beforehand or have something specially prepared for me! I don't go shrieking in people's faces that the thing they're eating on the other side of the room is killing me! I do, however, get annoyed when people either don't know about my allergy (in which case a bit of education goes a long way) or don't give a fuck (exclusive chocolate buffet without telling me that they would be having just chocolate).
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X