Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uopdate: between the two of us, Rocket and I get her pretty cleaned up, so yay! She's still really tired, and not much energy, but her appetite is great and she's able to get up and down from my bed. She was her usual snuggly self when I went to bed last night, curling up by my head and wanting to cuddle. So it seems like everything is fine, just gotta wait for her to fully recover, get stitches out, etc.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

One thing you may notice a little while later after the spaying, is that her tummy will "sag" in that spot. Its called an apron, basically fat rushing to that area, and it freaked me out when it started showing on Victoria. Turns out its normal. =|
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Yeeeah, that's an unhappy cat. Much like dogs, cats do not like the Cone of Shame.

Seraph's picture made me burst out laughing.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

This is Rocket today. She's much more alert, though still spends most of her time dozing. I think she'd like to be more active, she just doesn't have the energy yet. Her appetite is great and she's been getting around fine. She's going to be such a happy cat when that cone is gone, though.
          Attached Files
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            One thing you may notice a little while later after the spaying, is that her tummy will "sag" in that spot. Its called an apron, basically fat rushing to that area, and it freaked me out when it started showing on Victoria. Turns out its normal. =|
            And whatever you do, don't grab that little saggy part and joke that she's getting fat. She will kill you. Just ask Stella. And my sore hands/arms.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

She's stoned. LOL. When do you take the Cone of Shame off? Oh, and many treats to da poor wittle girl.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                Yep, all the cats here are girls and they all have spay belly, as I call it. When one of my parents' cats trots down the hall, her tummy swings nearly 180 degrees.

Hope she feels better soon.
                Last edited by Draper Mel; 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM. Reason: edited to add well wishes
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                  She's stoned. LOL. When do you take the Cone of Shame off? Oh, and many treats to da poor wittle girl.
                  The vet said to leave it on for two weeks, til her stitches come out. She's going crazy not being able to clean herself, and she hasn't tried to get at the incision, so I may take it off in a few days, just for a few minutes, to let her clean herself.

Comment

If your cat is willing to leave her stitches alone I think it is a good idea to take off the cone so she can clean herself. You will have to watch her constantly while it is off. I hope Rocket behaves while the cone is off. We tried doing this when my Starbuck was fixed and it did not work because she would not leave her stitches alone even with 2 sets of eyes watching her. One of my friends did this and her cat completely ignored the stitches without the cone. Good luck with Rocket.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                      ... take it off in a few days, just for a few minutes ...
                      I foresee an extended debate over who will wear what where...

And in how many slices.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've never had a cat who had to wear the collar after getting spayed. My parents' cats and my Julie all left their stitches alone, except to lick around them when they cleaned themselves. I'd say give it a try and see how she does.
                        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

All I could think when I saw the first pic was...

...There are 57 channels and there's nothing on....FEEL MY WRATH!!!!!....

Also is Rocket using Direct tv or dish network with that rig?

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                            I've never had a cat who had to wear the collar after getting spayed. My parents' cats and my Julie all left their stitches alone, except to lick around them when they cleaned themselves. I'd say give it a try and see how she does.
                            My girl didn't even have stitches (well, not on the outside; inside were dissolving stitches)...on the outside they glued her together. She was 5 months old at the time and she didn't seem to be bothered by it. No cones for her or her brother.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Back in the day I got my Rookie fixed. No cone of shame. Took her back in a week or so and found out she had licked her stitches out. No problems because of it, though.

I miss my Rooks.
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X