This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, CS

I really just wanted to say thank you to everyone here.

About a month ago, I asked people here for their prayers and best wishes for my mother (link here). She had to go in for surgery to have a cancerous tumour removed. She's 83, and yes, I was worried.

So, the update:

- surgery went very well (the surgeon's assistant said better than expected).
    - cancer was a Stage 1 (lowest?).
    - no apparent spreading.
    - she was able to eat solid food after about a week.

So, Mom is home and happy and eating well and everything is almost back to the way it was before she went in. She does have to take medication to try and control a blood clot that they x-rays found, but that seems to be going well.

And, I had a big scare on the day she was released from the hospital... but that's more a Fratching story and not for here.

So, again, I want to thank everyone here for their prayers and let you all know she's better than OK.

I just thought you might like to hear that this story has a happy ending.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Thank you for posting! Sometimes I feel like there are so many needs, and we don't always know what happes with everyone's situation. I love to hear how prayers have been answered,
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Awesome to hear she's doing better now! <insert obligatory everythingwentbetter.jpeg>
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Yay! Glad your mom's doing better.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm glad your mother's better.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wonderful news!!! Thanks for updating us.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X