Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Aveeno facial moisturizer with sunscreen on my face every day. When I use mineral makeup (much prefer the physical sunscreen to the chemical), I just put it right over the moisturizer. And anyone who has seen photos of me can attest to the fact that I'm friggen pale. Sun and I do NOT get along.

Comment

Yeah, but you have awesome skin. But yeah--you're a vampire.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What kind of cleanser should I use to remove the mineral make up at night?

Comment

I just use my normal face wash - also Aveeno. I had to play around with various soaps for a while, before I found one that worked. There are special removers, but I've never felt the need to spend the money on them. If you have an acne wash that you're fond of, see if that works - some of them do, some of them don't.

Comment

OH! Missed the thing about removal. I just use my typical facial soap. I know you're not supposed to use bar soap on your face, but I found one that's actually good for your complexion. They sell it at Target. I don't remember the full name brand, but it was "Queen something or other". The bar is pitch black and it's called African black soap and it's made with shea. It's done wonders for my breakouts.
            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

The Oil Cleansing Method works well. I do use a toner and moisturizer after, though. I figure it's true that oil will dissolve the oil in my pores. Just google it and you will find instruction. I don't break out from this.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I use Phillips Milk of Magnesia on my face quite frequently (I have makeup primer from Avon but I try to save it). It works wonders to keep the oil at bay, UNLESS it's very hot out.

Also, if you're very fair skinned, like I am, don't be discouraged that it takes literally forever or you have to buy more expensive brands of makeup at like Estee Lauder or Lancome to find something light enough. Most drug store brands of foundation are yellow undertoned and go on way too dark. Honestly, I do not think anyone caters fully to fair skinned people. You can buy the lightest shade you can find, get home, put it on, it's yellow or orange.

I love Estee Lauder and Lancome powder foundations. I'm oily enough to solve the oil shortage problem.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X