This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a secure android browser

I need a little advice. I would like to download another browser purely for accessing my bank and credit cards. I don't know enough to be fully confident that I've set everything correctly, so Firefox (which needs to be manually tweaked) is out. Most of my browsing is on Chrome, but Google like collecting data a bit too much for my taste.

I've done a bit of research and GNU IceCat seems promising as a FireFox alternative with all privacy/security settings on from the start; any thoughts?
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

I'm using Opera. Includes VPN, ad block, etc. Has its quirks but it does the job.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I'm leery about doing banking on Android at all. I'd also be worried about exploits getting into your device through the other browser and then grabbing credentials through whatever "secure" browser you choose.

Frankly, I've already given up on Windows as secure as well. I recommend getting an old laptop, installing linux and then using that for all your banking, exclusively.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        Frankly, I've already given up on Windows as secure as well. I recommend getting an old laptop, installing linux and then using that for all your banking, exclusively.
        I a) don't have enough money and b) have no experience with linux. I need to work with what I have.

My pc is Windows 7, doesn't have enough memory to upgrade to 10, and I can't afford to replace it.

To be honest I'd rather use Firefox proper, but I don't know how to correctly configure it to make it properly secure, hence asking if anyone knows anything about IceCat.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
        X