Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Mom of the week (and, later, a couple of cute kids)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Mom of the week (and, later, a couple of cute kids)

Mom comes through my line today with toddler daughter ... and STANDS DAUGHTER ON THE END OF MY COUNTER.

Where there is, of course, a moving belt -- although fortunately it doesn't move unless you step on a foot pedal (unlike the one at the front, which runs for at least a few minutes without prompting in order to bring groceries up to the register).

Toddler daughter is standing there, peering down at the groceries AROUND HER FEET, and occasionally stepping on the edge of one item or another ...

Yeah, lady, if your kid takes a header off that counter, it won't be a problem at ALL.

-----------------------

On a brighter note, another mom came through my line with two daughters, one about 7 and the other about 5. One of them was asking the mother something but I wasn't paying much attention.

Mom: "You have to ask the lady!"

I look over.

Kid: "Can we play with the buttons ...?"

Meaning the foot pedal that moves the belt and the button that causes that entire segment of counter to be raised and lowered.

Me: "Oh sure."

I appreciated the fact they asked. I only found out about the raising/lowering capability a few weeks ago when a toddler found the button while I was ringing up the parents' groceries ...

The people who design these things don't give nearly enough consideration to the hazards of putting pushbuttons at toddler eye-level.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

god I wonder if that first kid will live past toddlerhood! Je-sus
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Yeah, lady, if your kid takes a header off that counter, it won't be a problem at ALL.
      This. This is what always got me about stupid parents who insist on seating their children on store or restaurant counters. First of all, there is a stone-hard floor four feet down from the counter. A four foot drop isn't much to an adult, but it could seriously hurt a toddler if he or she lands wrong. Second, other people don't want their food to be placed where your child's butt has been!!! (Or feet, in this case.)

Some parents are so astonishingly stupid about their children.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        This. This is what always got me about stupid parents who insist on seating their children on store or restaurant counters. First of all, there is a stone-hard floor four feet down from the counter. A four foot drop isn't much to an adult, but it could seriously hurt a toddler if he or she lands wrong. Second, other people don't want their food to be placed where your child's butt has been!!! (Or feet, in this case.)

Well, but see, most of these 'parents' are counting on being able to sue whatever establishment they're in at the time if their precious gets hurt because of their own stupidity.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Some people are astonishingly stupid, PERIOD. Whether or not they are parents is actually irrelevant, though of course it makes the consequences of their stupidity even more grave.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
            Well, but see, most of these 'parents' are counting on being able to sue whatever establishment they're in at the time if their precious gets hurt because of their own stupidity.
            It's really sad that they love money more than they love their children.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm not a parent, so it's someone baffling to me that so many seem to see any surface as a holding place for their child. Like, anywhere. Even places where people are actively working. Using scissors. And they give you a weird look if you stop working until their little baby/toddler's fingers are AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS.

*shudder* Fabric store flashbacks.

I don't think every single parent is consciously thinking "oh well whatever, if they fall I will sue." I really don't. I think they aren't thinking at all. They are a parent and everyone will accommodate them. I know many parents are very good, but we're talking about the sucky ones here.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                I don't think every single parent is consciously thinking "oh well whatever, if they fall I will sue." I really don't. I think they aren't thinking at all.
                I agree with NAR here. When wondering what they are thinking, you are assuming that are (or can be) thinking.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X