This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Film

About a year ago (or so) I found a movie that I had never heard of before.

It's a black comedy called You Kill Me. It came out in 2007, and stars Sir Ben Kingsley as a Polish mob hitman with an alcohol problem. When he fails to take out the rival head of the Irish mob (Dennis Farina), his uncle/boss (Phillip Baker Hall) sends him from Buffalo, NY to San Francisco, CA to attend Alcoholics Anonymous, where he takes advantage of the "Anonymous" portion to be brutally honest about his situation. Out in California he meets his babysitter, Dave (Bill Pullman, almost unrecognizable), and finds a sponsor (Luke Wilson), and a girlfriend (Tea Leoni).

It's quite funny to watch the faces of the other AA members as he makes his confession, and his version of "making amends".

If you can find it (I got it in the Bargain Bin at Wal*Mart) I would recommend it.

Anyone else see it?

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

On a whim I went to check... it is available on netflix for instant viewing. I may have to watch that tonight.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

I have not seen it, but I have heard of it, and it's somewhere on my back burner to watch.

However, considering that my Netflix queue is currently over 200 titles (and that's not counting what's on watch now), I don't think I'll be seeing it all that soon...

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X