This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
    I am a FAN of this quote. Because I just visualized this guy going on vacation to visit a BALCONY. "Hey, everyone! Where shall we all go on vacation this year?" "The Balcony!" "Okay, load up the car!" "Yaaaay!"

They all drive out to the hotel and run up to the room, and Father opens the sliding glass door to the Balcony...tears well up in the mother's eyes, the children are jumping up and down, "Oh, it's more beautiful that I could have ever dreamed!"

They proceed to spend their whole two week's vacation on the balcony, sunrise, sunset, rain or shine, starry nights and cloudy skies. When their vacation is over, the kids don't want to leave, but they still have their postcards and Polaroids and memories.

"The whole reason we came was for the balcony!" Yeah, well, some people come for the fun fair down the road or the 240 miles of sublime hiking trails or the several attractions along the highway or the retail opportunities in our historic downtown. But if you want to drive 200 miles for a balcony, more power to ya.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. That or a trip with "worst vacation ever" stamped all over it. Now, there is a hotel in Albuquerque that I might consider staying at just for the breakfast, but my last apartment had a balcony, so I guess it was like a vacation at home all the time.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
      He seems to have become completely unhinged not just at the unavailability of a balcony, but at the very idea of the unavailability of a balcony. These are not the words of a man who is thinking clearly.

I am a FAN of this quote. Because I just visualized this guy going on vacation to visit a BALCONY. "Hey, everyone! Where shall we all go on vacation this year?" "The Balcony!" "Okay, load up the car!" "Yaaaay!"

They all drive out to the hotel and run up to the room, and Father opens the sliding glass door to the Balcony...tears well up in the mother's eyes, the children are jumping up and down, "Oh, it's more beautiful that I could have ever dreamed!"

They proceed to spend their whole two week's vacation on the balcony, sunrise, sunset, rain or shine, starry nights and cloudy skies. When their vacation is over, the kids don't want to leave, but they still have their postcards and Polaroids and memories.

"The whole reason we came was for the balcony!" Yeah, well, some people come for the fun fair down the road or the 240 miles of sublime hiking trails or the several attractions along the highway or the retail opportunities in our historic downtown. But if you want to drive 200 miles for a balcony, more power to ya.

Actually, I lied back there. I just remembered that I did stay in a hotel with a balcony, just a few weeks ago. It was kind of rickety, though. I'm sure it was fine, but we'd had a harsh winter, and, well, it seemed kind of loose. So I didn't go out there much.
      I laughed out loud at this so much I woke up my wife in the other room.

What's most funny is when I was growing up, we'd vacation in New Hampshire for a few summers, and one of the hotels we stayed at had an old fire patrol tower on the grounds that was open to the public. It had nice views of the white mountains and when I was 10, it wasn't the theme parks or the water parks in the area, but that tower that was the focus of the trip for me. So, my mother would say we were going to New Hampshire next month, and I'd say, "The tower?!" and she'd say, "Yes, the tower." And I'd be jumping for joy.
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
      X