This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth otakuneko View Post
    Damn, what a missed opportunity for a "Here's your sign" joke!
    I was thinking the same thing! I just can't think of a good one.

Comment

Quoth coffee_drinker247 View Post
      Why are people so inconsiderate when it's closing time? I don't know if people who have never worked in retail realize that we don't just lock up and go home. We have to stay for at least another hour or more after people leave.
      They think you just go into the back room and power down until the store opens again
      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        I can think of a couple songs for the closing time playlist:

Closing Time
        Hit The Road Jack

Any other suggestions?
        Definitely do not click. For the love of all that you hold sacred, do not click.

Avril Lavigne does J-Pop.

....what? You want them out of the store right? Play something that will get them out.

Not even the weebiest weeaboo could stand up to that. Imagine its effect on "normal" people.

...you're going to click it, aren't you. You are morbidly curious. Remember, curiosity killed the cat....
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I'm liking the thought of this! Closing time playlist...if only we had access to our DMX player - it's one of those players that you can't change or mess with except to turn on and off. No CDs involved. If I was smart I would figure out a way to configure it to play those songs, at least just for laughs. But I'd probably get into huge trouble with corporate...sigh.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            Definitely do not click. For the love of all that you hold sacred, do not click.

Avril Lavigne does J-Pop.

....what? You want them out of the store right? Play something that will get them out.

Not even the weebiest weeaboo could stand up to that. Imagine its effect on "normal" people.

...you're going to click it, aren't you. You are morbidly curious. Remember, curiosity killed the cat....

OT--she's married to that guy from Nickelback now. It's like a tornado of crappy Canadian pop music.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

we close at 6 on sundays like most stores, and we had some preteen walk up and in a semi annoyed/accusatory voice go. "Why did you close early?!"
              I looked at the hours posted, then at my watch. "We closed at our normal sunday hours, just like all of the stores here at ____. The restaurants and theater are the only places still open."
              Preteen: "oh."
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                we close at 6 on sundays like most stores, and we had some preteen walk up and in a semi annoyed/accusatory voice go. "Why did you close early?!"
                I looked at the hours posted, then at my watch. "We closed at our normal sunday hours, just like all of the stores here at ____. The restaurants and theater are the only places still open."
                Preteen: "oh."
                We close at 6 pm on Sundays too as I mentioned earlier, like basically everyone else in every mall in America. The whole mall closes at 6 instead of some of the restaurants, much like your mall. We're an outdoor center so I think for some reason people just automatically think that means we stay open later or that we never close, ever. Not sure why, but that's just the feeling I get from working at said outdoor center for the last four years. We close at 9 pm every day except Sunday. Almost every day in the summer, we will have people still in the store at close even on week days but they usually clear out pretty quickly. Even on Saturday night people will usually get out when we tell them, sorry, closed.

But for SOME REASON, on Sundays people always conveniently forget that we're closed. It's not closing early. It's the regular posted time. Some lady asked me the same thing that preteen asked you last weekend when she saw us locking the doors and turning off the music - "Oh, are you closing early today?" No, we close at 6 just like the store next to us and the store next to that one and the rest of the entire freaking mall does at the same time every week. It's our regular hours for Sunday (and we have two signs posted on our door but we all know that customers don't read the hours of operation signs).

I think people think that since the restaurants stay open later that the stores do too which is obviously NOT the case. So they get all pissy when they realize that the stores are closed and whine about wanting to shop after they eat dinner.

Well, here's a thought. It's Sunday. GO HOME.

Comment

Quoth coffee_drinker247 View Post
                  ...Well, here's a thought. It's Sunday. GO HOME.
                  For you it's Sunday. For me, it's the most important thing in my life!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I guess normal people would actually see the signs, know what time they close, and then decide whether or not they have enough time to shop, but nooooooooo......!

They figure "Oh! If I go in NOW, then they HAVE to wait until I'M done before they can go home because they don't have lives." I guess they forgot they are dealing with other humans, but that would be oh so logical..........
                    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Working...
                    X