Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GPS took me to the wrong place, credit me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Exactly. I don't care if you have 20 Phd's, graduated in the top .0001% of each class, and make a million dollars a minute. All humans make mistakes.
    Even God can make mistakes...didn't he go on record once as saying he felt sorry he ever made humankind (the lead up to that whole flood and Noah thing)?

Comment

For real confusion you should try the Sierichstraße in Hamburg, it changes direction twice a day. From 4am to noon it's one-way toward the inner city, and from noon to 4am it's one-way away from the inner city.
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
        For real confusion you should try the Sierichstraße in Hamburg, it changes direction twice a day. From 4am to noon it's one-way toward the inner city, and from noon to 4am it's one-way away from the inner city.
        Geez and people over here complain about the Southern Expressway.

It's in the process of being duplicated, but at the moment basically:

From 2am-12:30pm Mon-Fri, it's one-way heading TOWARDS the city.
        From 1:30/2pm-12:30am Mon-Fri, it goes the other way.

On the weekends and public holidays, the whole thing is reversed.

In theory, this is meant to be so that if you wanted to go out for a pretty little drive in the country, you could.

My partner's GPS did NOT realise this however and on one particular date, coming back from the movie theatre, we went on the expressway. The GPS did NOT recognise that it was a public holiday and we could therefore travel on it, so it then proceeded to pull a "recalculating" fit on us.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X