This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No lollygagging!

Started out typical enough. Happened about half hour ago.

SC: Can I get a room?
    Me: Sure I just need your CC and ID
    (SC hands over just his ID)
    Me: Do you have a CC or cash? (I quickly explain the cash policy)
    SC: I don't have any money. I just need a room.
    Me: I'm afraid I can't help you.
    SC: Well, can I wait in the lobby?
    Me: You've got ten minutes.

Ten minutes later I try to get his attention that it's time for him to find someplace else. He keeps ignoring me. I tell him he could either leave on his own, or I could call the police. He still ignores me.

I pick up the phone and start to dial. He starts to get up. I cancel the call. SC explains to me he can't go anywhere because he doesn't have his truck. I dial again.

An officer comes in. First thing he says to the guy: "I've talked with you before." SC then explains to the officer that he can't go anywhere because his truck was missing. It was parked someplace that I didn't quite catch. The cop also asks if the SC still had weed in his bag. SC answers yes. Of course nothing comes of that because of my state. Just explains a lot.

Cop: If it was private property, they have the right to have it removed. Happens all the time. (If only cop knew just how many towed idiots I've read about) Call the owner and they'll tell you what happened.

The cop finally gets the SC to leave.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Sounds like this clown's been sampling the weed just a bit too much. I'm surprised he didn't get arrested...

Comment

Weed is legal here.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Weed is legal here.
        Understand. But being drunk in public is a crime. Is being stoned in public on the books?

Comment

I'm in a legal state too. Yes, being stoned is on the books as "public intoxication." Technically smoking weed in public is illegal (just like drinking in public is technically illegal) but the cops usually won't bother someone unless they're causing problems (as the trespasser in OP's story was). If someone on weed is causing issues, though, Officer Friendly can slap a public intoxication charge on top of trespassing or disturbing the peace or whatever else they were doing to draw the attention of the Boys in Blue.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

That's what I figured, WishfulSpirit. I guess since the clown finally moved along the police didn't need to have him come downtown and talk to their superiors...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              SC: I don't have any money. I just need a room.
              I need a house & a Ferrari. Maybe I should try this tactic...
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                Understand. But being drunk in public is a crime. Is being stoned in public on the books?
                Even if it wasn't, driving while impaired is, and this idiot certainly sounded impaired.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                X