This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer wanted free groceries due to pin pad not working

This incident happened at work earlier this week.

I was assigned to the express lane that day.

For some odd reason the pin pad was not working for a customer who was trying to pay with her debit/credit card.

No matter what I told her about the pin pad not working properly, her response was "that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."

She kept on giving me other credit cards to use, and I told her that since the pin pad was not working, none of her credit cards would work. She repeated "that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."

So I called for assistance.

The CSM on duty came over and tried to explain the problem to the customer. She just kept on repeating "that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."

Then the customer told her the following...
    • "When I go shopping at at business, I expect their equipment to be working properly."
    • "Whenever this problem happens at any other store, I am told that I can get my items for free."

The CSM did not let her get free groceries.

The customer protested, but the CSM suspended the transaction, and checked her out at another register.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    • "When I go shopping at at business, I expect their equipment to be working properly."
    • "Whenever this problem happens at any other store, I am told that I can get my items for free."

The CSM did not let her get free groceries.

The customer protested, but the CSM suspended the transaction, and checked her out at another register.
    Translation: "I never get free groceries, but I hope that by telling you this, you will become the first store to give me free stuff".

What a stupid cow. I'm glad your manager didn't give in to the freeloader.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

"Whenever this problem happens at any other store, I am told that I can get my items for free."
      That's a load of crap. Nobody gives a shopper a cart full of merchandise for free just because of a card reader problem. SC just wanted to scam and seized on the flimsiest excuse. Glad the CSM didn't fall for it.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."
        If you want to leave with those groceries, it certainly IS your problem.

[*]"Whenever this problem happens at any other store, I am told that I can get my items for free."
        Wait...that works? Sweet! Next time there is a power outage, I'm hitting the Toyota dealership.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"When I go shopping at at business, I expect their equipment to be working properly."
          Better not come to my work, ever.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Wait...that works? Sweet! Next time there is a power outage, I'm hitting the Toyota dealership.
            Darn good idea! I might do that, too! Been wanting myself a nice, shiny Tacoma SR5 or TRD Pro pickup!

I kid, of course...
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              BRILLIANT! Must keep this in mind and pray for a blizzard this winter!

Yeah, the old "But EVERYBODY ELSE does it!" routine. Nice try, lady. We've had electronic issues at my store several times; we post a notice saying what we CAN accept and that's where it stands. At one point our new software wasn't coping with the company's customer "bonus" cards ... we gave them the Customer Service phone number and told them to hang onto the receipt (for the receipt number to prove their purchase). We heard nothing more so I'm assuming Customer Service granted these people their bonus points as we'd told them they would.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

On a similar note I got rewarded this morning. I bought a marked-down package of pork chops that kept ringing up at the wrong price. Paid for my bread and ended up getting the pork chops for free...

Comment

Registers went down at a hardware store I worked at. As we were trying to get them back up one customer kept bitching about being in a hurry. He was telling the floor supervisor he needed to leave and he would come back later and pay for it. Was told no. Then the owner came up and was working to get the registers back up. Guy told him the same thing so the owner could hear, floor supervisor still said no. Guy then said that maybe he would not shop here anymore. Owner said Ok, leave, get out.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
                    Registers went down at a hardware store I worked at. As we were trying to get them back up one customer kept bitching about being in a hurry. He was telling the floor supervisor he needed to leave and he would come back later and pay for it. Was told no. Then the owner came up and was working to get the registers back up. Guy told him the same thing so the owner could hear, floor supervisor still said no. Guy then said that maybe he would not shop here anymore. Owner said Ok, leave, get out.
                    One of the truly great things about an individually-owned shop: the owner has the option to tell an obnoxious customer to GTFO.
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

"that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."
                      She repeated "that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."
                      She just kept on repeating "that is not my problem. I need to get out of here."
                      "Quit it with the Jedi Mind Trick, lady."

Comment

You are free to get out of here. The groceries stay here though.
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          One of the truly great things about an individually-owned shop: the owner has the option to tell an obnoxious customer to GTFO.
                          That's my dream. Someday...
                          The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Working...
                          X