This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID issues

I had a gentleman come to the desk at the hotel where I work night audit. He asked for a key to a room but had no identification. I had to refuse. He got mad and got his roommate who was registered to the room - but gee he had no ID either. When I tried to explain that it was a security issue he went off on me.

I told him I could let him into the room if he shoed me ID when we got to the room. He agreed but when I opened the door for him he flat out refused to show me ID. He was a real jerk about it.

I hope he realizes that a scammer could have pulled this and taken everything from his room if I was not as diligent about security.

I'd suggest alerting a manager to this (and even hotel security) - just in case. If he complains, I'm sure that the tiny little insignificant details about him not having his ID, and about tricking you in regards to it, will be conveniently left out.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What's that? Add an asshole fee to the bill? What a great idea.....

Comment

I recommend a 2:30am wake-up call scheduled for every morning
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I recommend calling a friend in to "ask for a room key" and have them barge into the room loudly at 3:00 saying "this is what happens when they don't check ID when handing out room keys!"

Comment

"I lost my key!" -Based on all tv shows and movies ever, that's a classic line to get into a room that's not yours. As far as I'm concerned, security should have been called, you have no proof that was their room. Honest people would have understood why you wanted ID.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
            X