This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
    When I worked for "Fat Actress", our computers at the various locations truly would only work when there, and nowhere else. They were "thin client" computers, without hard drives. They had locked flash drives, and Windows Embedded (which can't be removed because it's actually burned onto chips.) These computers wouldn't work unless they communicated with their control unit at corporate hq.
    I bet there are ways around that. Nothing's impossible. Might take something like a console-style modchip, but I bet it can be done.

Quoth wolfie View Post
    After one smash-and-grab, I jokingly suggested that they put the person's new computer under the desk where it would be out of sight, and put one of the 286 machines (with "stub" cables going off the back of the desk) on their desk as a decoy.
    Brings this comic to mind.

Quoth CloserToSane View Post
    Fair enough, though they weren't actually windows machines, they're apple. I don't know if that changes anything - other than the initial confusion when they first installed them and we had to learn what to do with them.
    As long as they're Intel machines, they'll run Windows. (Actually, a PowerPC Mac might be able to run the PPC version of NT4; I've never tried.)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
    X