Clear All

• Wailing and gnashing of teeth

SC: "Yes, I have a reservation there tonight, but I need to cancel."

Cancel? THIS. IS. MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

Me: "I'm sorry, but it's going to be a one-night room and tax penalty."
    SC: "But we're only there for one night anyway!"
    Me: "So yes, I can cancel, but you will be charged for the room and tax."
    SC: "I can't get a rain check? It's raining and we can't golf!"
    Me: "I'm sorry, but the cancellation window for golf packages was two days ago."
    SC: "This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of?"
    What's ridiculous is that the weatherman was saying it was going to be a wet weekend a week ago, but you didn't care enough to plan ahead.
    SC: "I mean, yeah I'm sure I got some information on the cancellation somewhere, but I didn't see it!"
    Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And since our automated email template isn't smart enough to differentiate between our golf packages and our other hotel packages, you probably got an email with our standard five-day cancellation period message, which gives you even less of an excuse.
    SC: "Fine, whatever, we'll keep it for now I guess."
    There's a good boy.

I added plenty of notes to make sure another agent doesn't cave. Supervisor overhead me on the phone with this guest and afterward asked if he was really trying to cancel on day-of-arrival today, and then she laughed at him.

Let me Google that for you
    *Phone rings*
    Me: "Thank you for calling..."
    SC: "Where's my map?"
    Me: "I'm sorry?"
    SC: "I called an hour ago and you were going to send me a map and you didn't!"
    That's funny, I don't recall speaking to a screeching banshee an hour ago.
    Me: "I'm very sorry about that. If I could just get..."
    SC: "You have very good directions on the website but it's too long and I can't write it all down! I asked over an hour ago!"
    Me: "Yes, well can I please get your email?"
    SC: "I already gave it! It's loser@abc.com!"
    Me: "And your name?"
    SC: "[LOSER]!" *exasperated sigh*
    Me: "Okay, Mr. Loser, are you coming from the north or the south?"
    SC: "I can't believe this? THE SOUTH!"
    I can't believe simple questions cause so much drama in your life. I'm not sure why I'm trying to give you accurate directions; I'm now questioning whether we actually want you to find us.
    Me: "Okay sir. Just give me a few minutes, and I will get those emailed to you shortly. I apologize about the delay."

As soon as I got him off the phone, I pulled us up on Google maps and sent him the link.

I asked around too and no one else recalled speaking to a screaming banshee about getting a map and directions earlier, either.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 05-24-2014, 12:55 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

You have very good directions on the website but it's too long and I can't write it all down
    What the actual fuck? He couldn't just, y'know, PRINT THAT PAGE OUT????
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      What the actual fuck? He couldn't just, y'know, PRINT THAT PAGE OUT????
      [EXTREME SARCASM]What, I the deity (customer) should do anything that requires thinking?!! How dare you![/End Sarcasm]
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        I pulled us up on Google maps and sent him the link.
        I like the way you think!

Comment

This just blows my mind. Getting turn by turn directions from Google is so bleeping easy, any idiot can do it.

Except, clearly not just any idiot.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            This just blows my mind. Getting turn by turn directions from Google is so bleeping easy, any idiot can do it.

That's the problem. When you need an idiot there isn't one around.

(Cookies for identifying the source of the above.)
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              Dad likes to say, "If you make something idiot-proof, someone will come up with a better idiot."
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Sounds like OP gave the customer the wrong directions. With the customer's attitude, I'd be tempted to give him the following directions:

Get on I90 eastbound.
                Once you're in Indiana, at exit 20 there's an interchange with I94. Get onto I94 eastbound.
                In Michigan, at exit 167, get onto county road D19 northbound, and at county road D32 go westbound for around 2 miles.

Of course, these instructions can be shortened to 3 words.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Sounds like OP gave the customer the wrong directions. With the customer's attitude, I'd be tempted to give him the following directions:

Get on I90 eastbound.
                  Once you're in Indiana, at exit 20 there's an interchange with I94. Get onto I94 eastbound.
                  In Michigan, at exit 167, get onto county road D19 northbound, and at county road D32 go westbound for around 2 miles.

Of course, these instructions can be shortened to 3 words.
                  Being local (and a native Michigander), I know exactly where you mean. Only problem is you can't get directly on D19 from I94 exit 167--D19 is a county road, and I94 doesn't run through that county. You probably want I96 to exit 137, then south on D19 to D32.

--BPFH, currently humming the title track from a 1979 AC/DC album...
                  "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

you should have sent a lmgtfy style link such as the following:
                    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=from+1600+penns...er+new+york+ny

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                      you should have sent a lmgtfy style link ...
                      Fits bhs's brilliant scheme perfectly - SC wanted hard-copy, and bhs sent them another link.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                        you should have sent a lmgtfy style link such as the following:
                        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=from+1600+penns...er+new+york+ny
                        Yeah, I've lost FB friends for being snarky with LMGTFY...I don't think I'm allowed to do that to the customers, unfortunately.
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          [EXTREME SARCASM]What, I the deity (customer) should do anything that requires thinking?!! How dare you![/End Sarcasm]
                          From you, it's sarcasm. From the SC, it's his normal mindset. The Prophecy is coming true, and fools like him are greasing the rails.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's weird. With Wall-E and Idiocracy...

It goes like this.

First you are offended.

Then you're scared.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I wasn't offended by either Wall-E or Idiocracy. I was more like, "yep, that's about right."

Then, I got scared.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X