Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Out to the Squad Car You Go, Asshole!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argus View Post
    Santiago's Jagerizer might be handy.
    Praise de Heterodyne,dis iz eksellent. May hyu never lose hyus het.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
      Santiago's Jagerizer might be handy.
      Hy luv dis link!
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Here the guilty party is if you want to see him.

Link
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          And yet corporate still buys the story that employees are responsible for most of their theft.
          Employee theft is easier to catch, is usually worth more, and is always documented. It's a skewed statistic if there ever was one.

But it is a handy excuse to keep wages low. "Maybe if you weren't stealing us blind we could afford to pay you a living wage."

Aside: My company has a bunch of "small town" stores located in, well, small towns that aren't even big enough for a Walmart. There is no LP presence whatsoever in any of these stores. No cameras on the salesfloor and nobody to watch them even if there were. One of my co-workers used to work at one of these stores and she said word got around town quickly that it was stupid easy to steal from that store. She was finding several empty makeup packages stashed around the store every day.

She even saw people walking around with things concealed under their clothes. Oh yeah, the employees aren't allowed to chase and apprehend shoplifters either.

Of course, this also makes it easy for the employees to steal and not get caught. If there were any cameras in that store, they would have to be above the registers to prevent people from stealing money.

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
          Here the guilty party is if you want to see him.

Link
          He looks like a high-functionink member uf society.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Loss of something perishable sucks no matter what, as you either end up with actual stolen goods leaving the building, or the goods sitting on the shelf, hiding behind the cereal -- then you get to damage them out, as there's no telling how long they've been out of the cooler. If you're LUCKY, you find them the day that they were hidden...>_>
            Quoth ADeMartino View Post
            As long as dey neffer lose der hat! Any plan vhere hyu lose hyur hat is a BAD PLAN.
            Den ve schould see to it dat dey alvays hef schpare hets, chust in kase!
            Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Becaz dey iz not schmott guyz!
            Uf kourse not! Dey didn' even hef nize hets!
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-26-2014, 07:50 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              word got around town quickly that it was stupid easy to steal from that store.
              Sounds like my store. There's also a bus stop right outside, so escape is easy. We do have cameras, but there aren't eyes on the screens all the time and the only item we have 'security tags' on is an alarm on the shelf that goes off if someone removes more than two packs of energy drinks. SCO is popular among the shoplifters: ring everything up as bananas so they pay 50 cents for a pack of ribeye (I caught someone who should have been banned months ago doing this and he suddenly decided he didn't want the steak...he had already put some money in, so trying to void tender crashed the register; when it finally came back up I got a dollar tip for dealing with him ).

Last Thanksgiving, someone waltzed out with 6 bags of jumbo frozen shrimp (from what I heard they had some rolling luggage as their 'reusable bag' like a few people do..why do we even allow that in the store?) Seafood Guy got yelled at...he wasn't even on the floor when it happened. But it's his department, so he's expected to predict and stop any theft.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                And yet corporate still buys the story that employees are responsible for most of their theft.
                That or the vendors. Take your pick.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Vat? How deed Hy miss dis much Jäger fun? Hy must hef been uff chasink hets.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Oh, yah! It's even betta for us mods! Ve must vear mhenny mhenny hets...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Oh, yah! It's even betta for us mods! Ve must vear mhenny mhenny hets...
                      Mister Cubbins!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        Vat? How deed Hy miss dis much Jäger fun? Hy must hef been uff chasink hets.
                        Vat?! Hyu veren' protectink de Heterodyne? For sheme!

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                          Vat?! Hyu veren' protectink de Heterodyne? For sheme!
                          Hy vas! De Lady must be protected from bad hets! De sheme if she vere to be seen in a bad het vould be onimaginable!
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            De sheme if she vere to be seen in a bad het ...
                            But what she's been dressed in the past couple of weeks has certainly been nice.

Comment

Ve's gettink pretty far off de topic, yah? Let'z tolk about de not-so-schmott guy goink in de paddy vaggon.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                                But what she's been dressed in the past couple of weeks has certainly been nice.
                                Towels do make attractive clothing for her.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X