This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you know the attitude exists before she opens her mouth

Two guys and a young woman came up with bottles of soda. I put them in a bag because most of our customers want one if there are more than 1 drink. The woman was the type who will not look anyone in the eye and has a permanent sneer. When the transaction was done one of the guys was saying to me that they were going to go back in the store and drink while they shopped (not needing the bag) and meanwhile grumpy girl snapped at the other guy "Give her back the bag so we don't waste plastic!" I took it back and answered the first guy (since he bothered to address me directly) "You guys are fine either way." I'm not going to condemn anyone who takes a bag. Well, she repeated that they didn't need to waste plastic" and asked me accusingly "Do you know how long those things take to break down?!?" "Yes, I do," I answered as she walked away with her plastic bottle. And I'm the one pulling bags out of the trash to put into recycling.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Missed yer chance to ask her if she knew how long it would take for that plastic BOTTLE to break down
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Yes I do, about four times quicker than that bottle there"

Comment

Working...
      X