Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can put up with a lot but sometimes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can put up with a lot but sometimes...

Just to start off this isn't some epic story, so sorry about that.

Tonight was a typical Friday night, kind of busy but not too bad. Some lady wanted a roll of quarters but it would've made my drawer low and none of the other drawers had any so she was SOL.

Then there was the woman bickering about the price of some sandals that didn't ring up. I knew they were the wrong ones but I just gave them to her because she could've gotten them from the spot she said. Every year our sandal display is all messed up.

A girl tried to return an eye shadow in a brand we don't even sell.

Again nothing out of the ordinary.

Then just about an hour before I was to leave The Grump came into my line. Right from the beginning, everything seemed to have a problem. I think what did it for me was the Sharpie marker. It didn't ring up for 49 cents because "all the ones over there are marked that way". So again even knowing better I looked annnnd.....it's not. There are six marked 49 cents all the rest were not. I could've been nice and just marked it down but she just has such a nasty attitude the entire transaction so no turquoise sharpie for you.

Part of me really just wanted to stop the transaction because she just wasn't nice. I've had some major assholes come through my line but for some reason this lady tonight was the only one ever that I didn't even want to finish her transaction. Of course when she was done she walked off without a word and I rang up the next customer.

I'm not even sure why I shared this. Tonight there were definitely more annoying things going on but this one customer is the only I'm still thinking about now.

Anyway, thanks to anyone reading this yet. Sorry, it's not a better story. I do have a few epic stories (at least for me) that I should probably share. Just too tired right now.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Sounds like you just plain ol' hit the wall. As for grumpy, that's one reason we have the 'fail-to-see-the-suck' rule here: sometimes ya just can't quite put your finger on why one custy bugs you more than another, but it needs to be vented anyway. Get some rest.

Comment

Agreed. Your buttons get pushed one time too many, and that's all it takes. Even if it's difficult to communicate in print, you know that person was horrible and you need to vent.

And we all get persnickety jackasses who insist that this item is that price when it damn well isn't and they damn well know it. But they want to pay as little as possible so they belittle and sneer and demand and bitch in the hopes that you'll get sick of them and give them the lower price to shut them up. So yeah, the Suck is strong with this one.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It is suck. And you are right to be annoyed. People tryin' to get something for nothing.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks for the replies. There just seemed to be more than the usual "bargain shoppers" last night plus there was some work suck and personal suck going on that all added up to one giant suck sundae.

Today wasn't as bad, just busy. Then I'm on vacation starting next Saturday and that's always a good thing.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
          X