This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must not laugh at the customers

Had a guy drop a $100 on me yesterday for a less than $10 purchase, so he got a lot of change.

A little later he comes back to ask if someone had turned in any money. When he walked out the gate to wind blew his change everywhere.

I don't know how much he found, but he was walking in the field north of the store last I saw him.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

What kind of idiot doesn't put his paper money right into his wallet (or at least pocket) before walking outside? If the wind doesn't grab it, all he's doing is broadcasting to anyone in view that he's carrying around a wad of cash.

Comment

I almost thought he was going to ask you to give him replacement change, since he'd lost the first batch though no fault of his own, mind you. It was the STORE's parking lot he lost it in after all!
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I almost thought he was going to ask you to give him replacement change, since he'd lost the first batch though no fault of his own, mind you. It was the STORE's parking lot he lost it in after all!
        Gawd, don't give the SC's any ideas!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I actually had this happen. Customer came through our drive-through and put a $20 in the drawer, but NOT under the clip to hold it down. The wind took it. I was the lucky one to go search outside for the $20. Couldn't find it, after (trust me) a diligent search. Meanwhile, customer is yelling to me from her car - "that's all I have to pay for my prescription, you BETTER find it". No such luck. She then DEMANDED that the store replace it. Managers were called, all the way up to the District Manager .... she got a $20 back PLUS her prescription

Comment

I thought he was going to claim incorrect change, or none at all!

Comment

And so, Karma strikes!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                she got a $20 back PLUS her prescription
                I personally wouldn't be upset if she got a free prescription, if it was for something important. But a prescription AND another $20 on top of that? That's overdoing it!

Comment

DM caved? That blows.

/end snickering

One of the few perks in working endless window cashiering shifts was watching careless people's money blow away- we weren't allowed to leave the store for ANYTHING(security reasons), so either they chased it themselves or we watched it fly away together!

Comment

What kind of idiot doesn't put his paper money right into his wallet (or at least pocket) before walking outside?
                    You kind of answered your own question, there...

It's either that, or people who are showing off. I've seen people (usually older men) counting wads of cash while standing outside the bank, or while sitting on the bus. Talk about tempting fate!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      I actually had this happen. Customer came through our drive-through and put a $20 in the drawer, but NOT under the clip to hold it down. The wind took it. I was the lucky one to go search outside for the $20. Couldn't find it, after (trust me) a diligent search. Meanwhile, customer is yelling to me from her car - "that's all I have to pay for my prescription, you BETTER find it". No such luck. She then DEMANDED that the store replace it. Managers were called, all the way up to the District Manager .... she got a $20 back PLUS her prescription
                      Now there's some fantastic corporate folk.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        What kind of idiot doesn't put his paper money right into his wallet (or at least pocket) before walking outside?
                        My MIL did something like that once at a gas station in Phoenix. Paid inside, walked to her car holding her cash in her hand. A swift thief relieved her of her cash very quickly, just snatched it out of her hand and ran.

She learned her lesson PDQ, and hopefully the fool in the OP will, too.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X