Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the need to remark on someones personal appearance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth paxillated View Post
    Off Topic:

There's a new Godzilla movie out, called ShinGodzilla. I forget what shin means in Japanese. My hubby went and saw it in Denver, at some kind of film society's theater. IIRC* its made by Toho!

*which is dubious, since 4 concussions, and a mini-stroke, have made it worse and worse. :-(
    If it's a Godzilla movie, it is either made by or has approval from Toho.

And yes, Shin Godzilla is made by Toho.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My hair is short, bright red, with two blonde streaks in front. I often get customers commenting on my hair, but only in a positive way.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I got a bunch of streaks put in my hair yesterday... bright, BRIGHT red. The hairdressers were delighted that someone was doing, quote, "something fun with their hair for a change! Everyone just does blonde or light brown, it's boring."

Comment

"Shin" can mean several things depending on the kanji character used, but most commonly, "true" or "dead" -- The movie poster spells it out phonetically rather than using kanji, so I'm fairly certain that they're using it to mean "The One Real/True Gojira" (implying "The True King of the Monsters") in this case The latter would only make sense if they made a zombie kaiju out of him/her/it...which would actually be kinda awesome. Imagine how much harder the Big G would be to take out as an undead...
          Last edited by EricKei; 11-12-2016, 08:33 AM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Film society theater
            Was it the Bluebird or the Filmore?

from the Molsacks and Leaderal area near Horsey Stadium. Always great to see another denizen of the Mile High City, even if you were just passing through. Or do you live here? We should find Mr. Hero and go play on the 15 + 1 Street Mall or something.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X